MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Responsible for the management of profitability at flagship beauty counter at Saks Fifth Avenue. This includes management of the sales team, building retail relationships with store management, and the development/motivation of sales team, in support of the region's retail profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management of retail sell through and execution of promotional programs at the counter via the sales team.
- Manage team of Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists, including hiring, disciplinary action, coaching, scheduling, and payroll.
- Develop productivity guidelines for special events and sales, and the performance management of such.
- Partner with the Account Executive and corporate Education team to define the appropriate sales training for staff to new and ongoing product and sales training to improve selling techniques and client registration programs.
- Lead client registration specifics, working with Beauty Advisors, encouraging and assisting in updating the customer files, writing notes and making telephone calls to customers, and for any other administrative service.
- Provide direction to retail staff on how to maintain LVMH Fragrance Brands counter image (cleanliness, effective use of merchandising units, proper placement of product lines, etc.).
- Develop and provide training and support to the Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists to execute special events programs (clinics, beauty breakfasts, events).
- Responsible for productivity evaluations for all Beauty Advisors at the counter on a monthly basis (demonstration productivity, AUS, IPT).
- Monitor the performance of events and all sampling programs. Promotional recap forms to be completed and submitted to the Regional Sales Manager at the end of the promotions.
- Support retail buyers and planners regarding ordering system.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- College Degree
- 5+ years of prestige beauty sales and counter management experience; prior experience as Business Manager, Sales Manager and/or Trainer
- Able to recruit and train strong team members
- Strong makeup artistry skills and passion for the beauty industry
- Creative and innovative thinking with strong initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Knowledge of the French language preferred