MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Responsible for the management of profitability at a specified retail location. This includes management of the sales team, building retail relationships with store management, and the development/motivation of sales team, in support of the region's retail profitability.
- Responsible for the management of retail sell through and execution of promotional programs at the counter via the sales team.
- Manage team of Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists, including hiring, disciplinary action, coaching, scheduling, and payroll.
- Develop productivity guidelines for special events and sales, and the performance management of such.
- Partner with the Account Executive and corporate Education team to define the appropriate sales training for staff to new and ongoing product and sales training to improve selling techniques and client registration programs.
- Lead client registration specifics, working with Beauty Advisors, encouraging and assisting in updating the customer files, writing notes and making telephone calls to customers, and for any other administrative service.
- Provide direction to retail staff on how to maintain Guerlain counter image (cleanliness, effective use of merchandising units, proper placement of product lines, etc.).
- Develop and provide training and support to the Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists to execute special events programs (clinics, beauty breakfasts, events).
- Responsible for productivity evaluations for all Beauty Advisors at the counter on a monthly basis (demonstration productivity, AUS, IPT).
- Monitor the performance of events and all sampling programs. Promotional recap forms to be completed and submitted to the VP Sales at the end of the promotion.
- Support retail buyers and planners regarding ordering system.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- College Degree
- 5+ years of prestige beauty, fragrance, and/or skincare sales and management experience with a strong understanding of details and service
- Prior experience as Business Manager, Sales and/or Training
- Passionate about Guerlain brand and its values, and able to convey this passion to the team and the clients
- Empathetic and positive, results-oriented, and with an entrepreneurial mindset to develop the business
- Team player and strong listener, in addition to knowledge of how to recruit and build a high-performing and collaborative team
- Resourceful and strong analytic skills for proactive problem solving and for improving the store management on a continuous basis
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred