Responsible for executing the business strategies as developed by Corporate and providing on-site retail sales support in the market area assigned. Support is achieved through continuous training and motivation of Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists, assisting in planning and executing all special event programs, and follow-up training of Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists.
Act as an entrepreneur and take ownership of the Saks Fifth Avenue Parfumeur Boutique, driving for sales results and offering a best in class client experience. Inspire and influence the Guerlain Selling Ceremony by acting as a brand ambassador and coaching and developing the Boutique team.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Act as a Guerlain Brand Ambassador
- Embody and communicate Guerlain's savoir-faire, heritage, and values.
- Be an expert; enable a client-oriented mindset and promote the vision of luxury and modernity.
Act as an Entrepreneur
- Be creative and innovative; a true problem solver. Contribute to the continuous improvement of the market, including the Saks Parfumeur concept, with a test and learn approach. Identify opportunities and present forward-thinking solutions.
- Create strong relationships with key business partners, both in stores and in the Corporate office.
- Provide regular feedback to the Corporate office and contribute by sharing best practices with other Guerlain retail locations and counterparts.
- Act as a Business Developer of Customer Retention Management (CRM) by creating and growing the client base.
- Perform sales analysis and propose actions for improvement. Stay current with market trends.
- Propose and implement methods to connect with clients and build long-term relationships.
- Identify and analyze strengths and opportunities within the market and create action plans to grow the business in partnership with the National Sales Director.
Retail Sales and Account Management
- Achieve established retail and net sales goals as set forth by Corporate.
- Work with retail store management to ensure the proper planning and execution of product launches, promotions, and special events.
- Negotiate with store personnel to gain space and improve locations for all three-product axis.
- Implement the corporate merchandising guidelines to ensure the company's brand image is properly represented
- Build a network of high-performing Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists.
- Recruit, hire, coach, and motivate Beauty Consultants to achieve established sales goals.
- Partner with Education in the training and development of Beauty Advisors in line with the ambition of Guerlain's elevated Client experience.
Manage the Saks Parfumeur Boutique
- Manage team of Beauty Advisors and Selling Specialists, including, but not limited to hiring, coaching, scheduling, and payroll.
- Responsible for regular coaching and feedback conversations with retail team members, including, but not limited to daily real time coaching, monthly productivity conversations, etc. Empower the team and set them up for success.
- Provide a customized service experience which includes offerings exclusive to Saks Parfumeur
- Ensure achievement of the boutique's sales targets and key performance indicators (KPI) of the Guerlain Parfumeur scorecard (Retail and CRM).
- Create and foster long-term relationships with clients and develop client loyalty.
- Create and foster a culture of operational excellence including but not limited to merchandising guidelines, grooming, and daily responsibilities.
- Facilitate the communication and logistical execution of store events and promote in-store animations.
- Manage boutique operations efficiently: sales analysis and reporting with key KPI, stock management, placing orders, and managing shift schedule for team members.
- Collaborate with corporate office and proactively provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Build relationships with Saks partners; act as a liaison between the retailer and Guerlain's Corporate office.
Conduct all other job-related activities.
- Business Manager must have open availability. Hours of work and schedule are created based on the needs of the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associate's degree
- 5+ years of prestige beauty, fragrance, and/or skincare sales and management experience with a strong understanding of details and service.
- Prior experience as Business Manager, Sales and/or Training.
- Passionate about Guerlain and its values and be able to convey this passion to the team and the clients.
- Empathetic and positive, results-oriented, and with an entrepreneurial mindset to develop the business.
- Team player and active listener, in addition to knowledge of how to recruit and build a high-performing and collaborative team. Effective communication skills required.
- Resourceful and strong analytic skills for proactive problem solving and for improving the store management on a continuous basis.
- Able to understand and maintain confidentiality of business.
- Microsoft Office experience preferred.
NOTE: This job description is intended to cover the core accountabilities of the position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Guerlain is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.