The Business Optimization Manager drives category specific Processes and Projects. He / She is responsible for creating and executing SOPs for pricing, vendor contribution, VST's and promotions, driving team productivity through KPI tracking. The candidate will drive the Pricing Strategy to maximize the GM performance at both a rate level and an absolute dollar level; with a key focus on Changi and managing the monthly retail pricing policy. He / She is responsible for assisting Merchants on the strategy around vendor contribution and manage the tracking. Candidate will also be responsible for promotional analytics to optimize sales/GM$/GM% as well as vendor rebates process and reporting, ensuring all financial agreements are being received.
Pricing and Promotions
- Analysis and adjust current pricing for optimal GM impact and maximize vendor incentives
- Manage Changi monthly pricing policy, working with merchants, planners and vendors to ensure optimal value is being realized month to month.
- Develop financial modeling for Changi pricing report to maximize GM% and GM$. Make suggestions to merchants and operations on how to optimize retail value and GM$ monthly within the pricing policy and exceptions.
- Present pricing analysis in the monthly OTB meeting with insights, trends and suggestions
- Analyze promotional effectiveness bi-monthly, reporting back to merchants and operations on success and suggestions on improvements
- Lead divisional conversations on store needs and results of campaign/promotions
- Lead transversal promotion team to ensure promotional process with Merchant, Planners, RMM, Demand Planning, R&A and stores is seamless
- Strategies, suggest and implement new tests on both pricing and promotions
Rebate, Incentive and Margin Management
- Develop and implement SOP for tracking rebates, VST and ensuring rebates are received and processed
- Work with Merchants on financial modeling to optimize vendor contributions across IGM%, rebate proposals, incentives, staffing, capex and marketing to achieve/exceed GM% Budget.
- Track vendor contributions for both internal reporting and external negotiations.
- Develop with Merchant counterpart a cohesive view of total vendor contribution with impact to business, identify gaps to plan
Process & Improvement Projects
- Formulate & Implement New Processes for pricing, promotions and vendor contributions that improve the way SWTFG team work together.
- Lead & Partner with multiple stakeholders: Merchant, Planning, Demand Planning, R&A, Stores, creating SOP's for efficiency
- Special Projects beyond core responsibilities may be related to Supply Chain, Product & Inventory Productivity, Workflow & Communication Flows between the different stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with Merchant, Planning, Demand Planning, R&A, Finance and Store Operations
- Attending key vendor meetings to understand negotiations and provide suggestions for negotiations
- University Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years in a buying and/or planning function with financial and analytical merchandising background.
- International mobility, for career advancement opportunities, to Hong Kong and other major Asia-Pacific cities.
- FMCG experience preferred.
- International business experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Leadership experience developing, managing and influencing people required.
- Fluency in English language and other language(s) as required by location.