The Business Planning Controller shall be a business partner to Department Heads, Brand HQ, along with being a strong analyst, focusing on:
- Assist the preparation of the Budget and Strategic Plan
- Responsible for daily, weekly & monthly commercial reporting. To ensure actual results are in line with budget. Prepare analysis of financial results.
- POS system management
- Retail lease and Wholesale exclusive distribution contract review & maintenance
- Pricing management for APAC region
- Ad-hoc projects: Investment analysis, optimization of boutiques' operations
- Prepare the budgets from margin to expenses, running in-depth analysis to identify additional levers of growth, with the support of the BPC Manager.
- Prepare, recommend and report on Company's result, weekly and monthly variance analysis against budget and forecast. Work with relevant business units to optimize sales & spending. Identify and report potential risk. A specific focus shall be made on Gross Margin (discount, channels, stock & depreciation) & management of stock coverage.
- Review, analyze & comment on monthly financial results to provide management with visibility for APAC region.
- To keep track of POS system improvements projects and also user requests
- Support the businesses in identifying and solving business issues, with particular emphasis on growth in sales, profit, cash flow and credit management.
- Work closely with the Regional Finance team to optimize all Balance Sheets items, especially cash & working capital.
- Ensure that the internal controls in place are adequate and in compliance with all corporate governance requirements.
- Analysis on the actual pricing market markup for the APAC region for all wholesale customers
- Assist in the roll out of the boutiques' operations handbook
- Bachelor's Degree in business - a certification in Accounting is a plus
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant experience
- International exposure/ working experience
- Ambitious, entrepreneur and high level of motivation
- Ownership of tasks, open minded and flexible
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent communication
- Fluent in English AND Cantonese or Mandarin
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Presentation and other O365 operations
- Knowledge in Microsoft AX (Axapta) and Cegid are a plus