- For categories under his/her responsibility, monitoring and optimizing space productivity in store, curating the categories merchandise strategy to meet the needs of that store, ensuring a proper level of localization for the market.
- The Buyer will search, select, negotiate and buy local brands and artisans to carry a local offer: food, wine, spirits and gifts.
- The Buyer will work directly with the store leadership to understand their individual customers and utilize that understanding in curating the categories product strategy for that consumer. He/she will be responsible for the success of the division's product offer measured by sales performance versus budget, space productivity growth and gross margin performance versus budget.
- Must have Bachelor's Degree in purchasing
- 4 - 6 years' experiences in Merchandising/Buying, with experience in Food, Wine and Spirits
- Financial and analytical merchandising with a background in merchandising/planning preferred
- 2 years experiences as Merchandise Manager-Buyer
- Fluency in English and Italian, French as a plus
- Solid experience in managing the buying activities, ideally from third party vendors in a multi-brand retail environment
- Proficient in MS computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required