The Category Manager role serves as an important commercial part of the Business Intelligence Group and provides critical support to the National Accounts On- and Off-Premise Chain teams by fulfilling all required category assessment and tactical work, with a heavy emphasis on daily category and Moet Hennessy (MH) brand analysis and recommendation work.
Role performance is reflected by improvements made in "quality" distribution and by helping develop innovative merchandising and promotional practices at the point-of-purchase. This role serves as a critical contributor to the successful execution of Moet Hennessy's Category Management and Business Intelligence strategic platforms and effectively drives the business forward for the long-term with our key customers.
Key responsibilities include: being a functional expert in support and execution of Moet Hennessy's Business Intelligence and Category Leadership Strategies, by securing preferred supplier status with all things related to the Champagne and Cognac categories, as well as driving the importance of Luxury Wines & Spirits in retail; this requires developing effective business relationships with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external to Moet Hennessy. Key outcomes include the achievement of MH's Business Plan and the establishment of best-in-class customer, wholesaler, and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Provide proactive strategic brand and category direction to key internal stakeholders, reflective of retailer opportunities and potential.
- Prepare and present" best-in-class," category-oriented presentations that drive the strategic value of Champagne, Premium Sparkling Wine, Brown Spirits, and Vodka shoppers to our retail customers.
- Establish and reinforce the strategic value and world-class differentiation that Moët Hennessy offers to the trade and all things "Luxury" related to their shopping environments.
- Establish/collaborate on the development of retailer business priorities, based on category opportunities, shoppers and consumers, as well as alignment to the MH portfolio and brand goals: brand deliverables focused on item, distribution, promotion, pricing, and shelving blueprints.
- Create "best-in-class" retailer presentations, develop business insights and help translate them into action; develop shopper affinities and behavior insights, supporting activation at retail.
- Responsible for tracking category and MH volume performance and impact: sales, post event analysis, price tracking, assortment optimization, and shelving.
- Communicate scorecard learning's across stakeholders, with key insights and recommended actions identified.
- Determine retailer opportunity gaps and volume/profit potential to Moët Hennessy.
- Development of clustering approaches for MH Portfolio and "Luxury" shoppers for target accounts.
- Provide category leadership and shopper insights training across Moët Hennessy and distributor functions.
- Imbed proprietary learning model and ensure application to everyday business with MH personnel.
- Constantly leverage data to make effective sales calls and illustrate how to overcome objections.
- Present business tool training on prioritized syndicated systems, including IRI, Nielsen, UNIFY, SPECTRA, Qlik, and other systems.
Education: Undergraduate degree
Location: Walnut Creek, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of Category Management related employment:-
- Category Management experience with a leading CPG organization, distributor, or major retailer.
- Very strong technical experience with Excel (Pivots, VLOOKUPS, large data management, file linking, and graphing).
- Strong presentation and communication skills (Power Point mastery).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and deliver on deadlines.
- Self-starter (proactive) and independent thinker.
- Category captaincy or equivalent experience.
- Beverage Alcohol Industry experience.
- Power BI, ACCESS, Qlik or Tableau.
- Infographic design capability.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL SKILL SETS:
- MANDATORY POWER USER: IRI UNIFY or Nielsen AOD syndicated dbases, plus SPECTRA micro-demographic targeting.
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Costco CRX, Walmart Retail Link, FeatureVision, JDA Prospace, digital reporting, retailer store level data, price elasticity, shopper panel analytics.
- MANDATORY: proficient usage with TDLINX and BDN/VIP depletion tracking data or equivalent.
- PREFERRED: exposure to Technomic, Mintel or NCGA consumption data (or equivalent service).