Lead Christian Dior Couture Japan activity in term of
- Corporate Affairs and Governance
- Risk Management (Insurance & Prevention) & Compliance
- Legal Matters
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing and supporting negotiation of commercial agreements and legal documentation relating to retail business and other associated matters
- Providing advice and recommendation on a wide range of legal and compliance issues that arise during the day to day operation of business, but also on on data privacy, new technology matters and Major customers' dispute to minimize potential for litigation
- Managing and archiving all the contracts and other legal documentation via the internal management system
- Updating new laws and regulations to ensure organizational awareness of legislation and/or regulatory issues that affect the company and respond to the same
- Liaising with external lawyers and legal teams of the group (Japan LVMH legal Counsel, Dior Legal teams) for different matters
Corporate Affairs and Governance
- Overseeing and managing corporate affairs subjects including, but not limited to, change of board members, distribution of dividends, disclosure etc.
- Preparing the necessary documents and handling statutory filings with authorities for the corporate affair subjects. If needed, using and managing third party partner on it
- Maintaining the updated records and arranging the signatures with company's/ directors' stamps in accordance with the company policy.
Risk management and compliance
- Responsible for all insurance matters related to business and operation and acting as the main contact point with Paris teams, business functions and external brokers
- Coordinates with group insurance brokers for day to day local operations : assets declaration, policy renewal, premium payment, loss management
- Reviews insurance provisions in coordination with Legal Department & group insurance brokers (contracts, lease agreements) as to secure company interests & protect group insurance exposure
- Declares new premises to group insurance brokers & Reviews events / new activities as to identify risk zones and implement appropriate corporate prevention mitigation
- Coordinates with Central Risk Management when needed as to deploy prevention & insurance best practices to local business units
- More generally, identifies issues and orientates such issues to the appropriate person in the company's organization
- Supporting the implementation and enforcing ethics and compliance programs of Dior and LVMH group including being the designated ethics and compliance correspondent covering Japan
- Overseeing intellectual property matters and proactively collaborating with the other internal parties to handle counterfeit and brand protection activities
- Handle ad-hoc tasks and duties as assigned
- Formulate and conduct regular legal and compliance trainings to staff as necessary
- Bachelor's degree or above in law
- Valid lawyer qualification in Japan preferable
- Experience in an in-house position or corporate multinational legal department environments (at least 3 years). Experience & understanding of retail / FMCG/ B to C business a plus.
- Strong legal knowledge, contract negotiations, writing, and drafting skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environments with the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines and pressure
- Keen attention to detail, ability to work independently, and excellent organizational skills
- Good judgment with an understanding of when to ask for guidance or input.
- Self-motivated, highly driven, team player and a self-starter. Detail-and customer-oriented, with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Good problem-solving skills and resourceful.
- Disciplined, focused and dedicated to meeting high standards of excellence.
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Japanese (Reading, writing and speaking). Toeic Score 800 or above
- Increased responsibilities in line with growth of the company
- The same position in other LVMH group companies
- LMVH Legal Counsel Team
- Drive for results & action oriented
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Priority setting
- Integrity and trust
- Relationship and influence. Strong interpersonal skills