For our European Share Service Center based in Mendrisio we are looking for a Chief Accountant who will be responsible for the French accounting activities.
- Manage and monitor all accounting activities
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Coordinate the accounting team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines
- Evaluate computerized accounting systems and work with IT team for performance improvements
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review as needed.
- Analyze financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed
- Auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations
- preparation of statutory annual financial statements
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations
- Support management in new projects if requested
- Successful experience as Chief Accountant of an International Group (10 years min.)
- Experience with managing a team of at least 5 people
- Very good knowledge of IFRS GAAPS and French GAAPS
- Very good knowledge of European Tax and VAT principles, and all French specific taxes: CVAE, C3S, CFE, AGEFIPH
- Fluent in English and in French (and Italian appreciated)
- Expert in SAP system
- Office package (in particular Excel)
- CEGID System is a plus