PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To form part of the leadership team of Kendo Brands UK, setting the vision and Sales strategy for the brands in the UK and Ireland in collaboration with the General Manager
- Define and deliver retail sales and net results for the UK and Ireland in line with global strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key retailers
- Manage and develop the National Accounts, reporting and Retail Field Sales team
Sales and Retail Management
- Recommend overall Sales Strategy with all relevant trade-marketing programmes with all retail partners and corresponding budget investment, trading terms and conditions to ensure sales growth and profitability per brand.
- On approval from General Manager, GM/VP's global and global finance, interpret and delegate business objectives into individual quantitative and qualitative targets to implement all plans.
- Forecast sell-in targets for basic, promotions and new products by retailer and translate these into action plan to ensure targets are met
- Analyse sales and financial results and make recommendations to address any relevant risk or opportunity.
- Full budget responsibility for the sales department
- Manage NFSM and the field sales team to drive retail growth whilst protecting and increasing profitability of every account
- Negotiate trading terms for all retailers.
- Analyse and control strategies related to levels of consultant and store productivity / profitability.
- Work with the finance department to ensure accounts of all company targets are met including DSO, level of discounts and returns and level of stock per account
- Manage the relationship with the Supply Chain team to ensure efficiency
- Manage National Field Sales Manager to achieve retail business objectives
- Manage National Accounts team of "first in class" negotiators with a strong retail driver mentality
- Inspire team to deliver excellence in retail
- Continually review structure and processes to reflect brand ambition and recommend any necessary changes
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Kendo Brands Ltd with all retailers and external contacts
- Organise and deploy key communication processes internally with team, key stakeholders and externally with retailers to ensure awareness and efficient implementation of programmes and projects
Key Competencies/Technical Skills
- Commercial Strategy and Negotiation
- Management and development of people
- P&L Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Creative and innovative
- National Account Management
- Experience at Senior Management level
- Experience of UK retail market place
- Experience within the luxury, premium cosmetics business
- Personal affinity with brand and products
- International experience an asset but not essential
- Presence and a charismatic style of leadership
Key Leadership / Managerial skills
- Customer and relationship focused
- Managing vision and purpose
- Team player
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive