The Commercial Director is responsible for developing key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. The Commercial Director leads, develops and supports the sales team including Beauty Consultants. She or he oversees commercial negotiation with Department Stores or sales channels to maximize sales opportunity. It is required to deliver annual targets, manage budgets, building relationships with internal & external key stake holders and understand the market situation include competitors' major activities and customer trends.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify business opportunities and implement actions to consistently achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual counter sales plan. Manage and monitor annual sell-in and sell though target per product, counter and month. Review and revise the target quarterly.
- Review incentive policy and set a monthly incentive target by counter.
- Implement a special incentive program for product launching or special promotion events when needed.
- Support and coordinate the execution of promotion activities in collaboration with Marketing Department.
- Ensure counters to maintain perfect level of visual merchandising.
- Develop and deliver counter-wide strategy to drive client development activities that cultivate new and existing clients, in partnership with CRM team.
- Demonstrate sales leadership by playing an active role on the sales floor and by partnering effectively with sales professionals on their client interactions.
- Manage client development activities and ensure sales professionals capture, maintain and utilize client information.
- Manage and motivate the sales team to drive the success of the business through key product pillars.
- Negotiate the commission rate, the cost-sharing of the counters, size, location and personalization with department stores
- Maintain good relationships with all levels of management of department stores.
- Manage entire process of counter opening, renovation and closing.
- Direct the Sales team to manage contractors properly for counter construction, Renovation and maintenance.
- Support the Sales Team to solve issues with department stores if necessary.
- Develop and execute a Talent Strategy for the sales team to recruit, retain and develop a high performing team together with Retail HR Manger
- Elevate and hire talent to ensure a winning team and create a best in class service and selling organization.
- Continuously encourage, coach and provide qualitative feedback, utilize celebration and appreciation as well as the performance management process to improve sales team engagement and performance.
- Prepare monthly sales analysis and evaluate results.
- Support the Marketing Department in identifying the market trends, competitor's activities and consumer behavior.
- Minimum of 15 years of sales management experience in retail or luxury retail or relevant customer related experience
- Proven track record in sales generation, managing the achievement of sales result and profitability targets.
- Proven ability to develop new opportunities while ensuring brand recognition and penetration in market.
- Ability to present business strategy to audiences utilizing current technology with strong professional presentation skills.
- Through professional presence and behaviors, ability to inspire trust, integrity, influence clients and staff members.
- Dynamic team player with ability to positively motivate staff and network locally, regionally and global to build relationships.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs (i.e., on the sales floor, operations, etc.).
- Fluency in English, Native Korean speaking is a must.