The C&B Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing the organization's compensation and benefit programs, payroll, policies, and procedures ensuring alignment with the corporate business strategy and achievement of competitive market position for both corporate and retail populations across the Watch & Jewelry division in North America. This includes oversight and day to day management of the Headcount reports and overhead budgets. Additionally, the C&B Manager assists and supports the Human Resources Vice-President in other key organizational projects and HRIS implementations. He/She will also manage the payroll and benefits specialist. The C&B Manager is responsible for ensuring that our programs meet the employee's needs, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective.
- Support and ensure internal pay equity by managing employees' perception and providing clear communication on our processes and philosophy
- Ensure that the company remains externally competitive through the development and maintenance of competitive salary ranges by means of researching market data, participating in relevant salary surveys and collaborating with LVMH C&B teams. Ranges should thereby attract, retain, reward and motivate employees at all levels of the organization.
- Design, evaluate and modify compensation policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal / LVMH requirements.
- Spearhead the annual review process, including salary, bonus & benefits increase analysis.
- Identify and implement benefits to increase the quality of life for employees, by working with LVMH and researching benefits issues.
- Work as escalation point to the payroll & benefits specialist to address employees issues
- Management of the benefits component of all expatriates
- Oversee Open Enrollment, Leave of Absence and Workers compensation process.
Ø HRIS (20%)
- Act as North America & CLA point of contact for HRIS transformation projects
- Manage and ensure accuracy of records and optimization of databases
- Optimize record keeping process and drive digitalization efforts of all HR data in collaboration with IS/IT, Legal and Compliance departments
Ø BUDGET PLANNING & REPORTING (10%)
- Prepare and maintain the Headcount reports and overhead budgets both for Financial reporting, analysis, planning, and control under the direction of the VP HR.
- Strategic and analytical reporting for Overhead budget across businesses
- Development of qualitative and quantitative reporting to assist the VP HR with planning and decision making
- LVMH Annual Reporting process, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of information
- EEO & Affirmative Action planning
Ø PAYROLL (10%)
- Lead and manage audit process for benefits payments and all payroll deductions
- Validate and oversee payroll process managed by the payroll & benefits specialist
- Ensure optimized and compliant payroll management across all entities.
- Manage payroll and time out set up and implementation of new locations (Canada, new retail locations etc...) and ensure compliance with all state/provinces regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent required, with a major in Finance or HR preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Compensation & Benefits Management. Retail industry experience a plus
- Minimum of 3 years overseeing payroll process in North America required
- Experience in collecting, analyzing and interpreting statistical data (both internal and external) for planning and decision making
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for compensation and benefits, and HR information systems.
- Knowledge of HR practices and trends, including best practices
- Knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws, legal codes, government regulations, and agency rules
- Knowledge of transactional HR procedures, managing files and records, designing processes, and other procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of economic and financial management principles and practices, the financial and labor markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data i.e., budgets; workforce planning.
- Strong project management, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excel Advanced level required (filters, pivot tables, conditional formulas, V-Look Ups) and HRIS (Success Factor, UltiPro or ADP a plus) experience required
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organization required
- Customer service mindset
- Must be a self-starter, able to think a task or project through all necessary steps and follow through
- Solid written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Flexibility- willing to help with projects as needed and able to juggle multiple priorities and reprioritize as needed on a perpetual basis
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Takes initiative and is innovative and creative, as demonstrated by implementation
- Displays integrity in all business practice; is trustworthy and dependable
- Ability and willingness to attend meetings in Manhattan on a monthly basis and travel domestically up to 5%.