- The leader for all compliance and risk management efforts for MHD China and the 2 wineries in China.
- Position the Compliance function as a key role in the China Excom.
- Responsible for the management of the MHDC Compliance Committee.
- Promote and support an effective and pragmatic compliance culture and reinforces the integrity culture of MH in all business processes and relationships.
- Determines the governance framework and priorities for the operations and secure the consensus from the relevant stake holders.
- Be responsible for ensuring the plans and actions are in place to achieve the objectives and follow up with risk owners / functional heads etc. to ensure delivery.
- Direct, manage and coach China Excom and act as a key partner for the MD China
- Lead cross-functional compliance-related initiatives.
- Proactively identify emerging risk areas through maintaining a current awareness of company, industry and cross-industry compliance trends and challenges and assesses and manages the significant risks within China
- Seeks to engage and influence external stakeholders relating to self-regulatory compliance standards, laws, and regulations and identifies emerging risk and compliance areas that may put MHD at risk.
Specifically on the following tasks:
Polices and Stand Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Develop SOPs or coordinate the development, identify best practice and conduct training accordingly, set up and maintain company SOP database.
- Oversees the development and coordinating the implementation of any required policies and procedures
- Ensures independent monitoring processes are in place for key risk activities. Reviews monitoring results to determine remedial action if required and shares with management the outcome of the reviews. Tracks and reports on completion of management actions to address significant audit findings.
- Ensures adequate training programs in place to guide people in conducting business in risk areas
- Conducts risk management workshops and other training, based on and aligned with strategies from MHDC Legal Director and MH Compliance Officer, to facilitate the identification of significant risks, development of mitigation plans against significant risks and other risks critical to China.
- Implements training and communication, other relevant policies, procedures, and standards; and the Whistleblower Hotline.
- Coordinates with Function and prepares elements raised by the Audit Report.
- Provides regular reports to AP Legal/AP Finance/AP HR and North Asia President on performance of controls and specific issues that arise.
- Facilitates and coordinates reviewing internal audits, significant risks and ensuring response to critical findings.
- Facilitates the internal speak up /reporting processes to ensure that employees and agents can report ethics and compliance concerns without fear of retaliation.
- Ensures, together with Legal, HR and other governance team members if appropriate, that reported concerns are promptly and thoroughly investigated, with suitable corrective action and discipline when appropriate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with Legal, leads and/or oversees investigations of all serious compliance matters together with the investigation team, legal and HR coordinates disciplinary activity for standard violations to ensure uniformity and to determine need for additional educational efforts
- Bachelor degree in legal/ finance/ accountancy. Related diploma or certificate in Compliance is a plus.
- Fluent in spoken & written Mandarin & English.
Professional experience & know how:
- Minimum 10 years' solid experience in house compliance environment of multi- national company or Big Four audit firms.
Technical & management skills:
- Good analytical, interpersonal, communication skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to comprehend complex situation or deal with ambiguity.
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- High integrity, confident, persistent, mature and practical.