Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional sites and are among the best terroirs of their appellation and each of our wineries have broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cape Mentelle Vineyard is proud to be one of Margaret River's founding three wineries. Our winery has pioneered many of the region's renowned wine styles and today is a benchmark for the quality of the region's wines. We aim to produce wines that capture a unique sense of place in every bottle. These characteristics are defined by our pristine coastal location, unique soils and 40 years of viticultural history.
Based in the heart of the Margaret River Region, Western Australia and reporting to the Cape Mentelle Operations Controller, the Controlling Assistant Intern is responsible for providing accounting and finance support to the Estate. He/She will work closely with all stakeholders to provide a financial perspective to business issues and ensure financial matters are communicated efficiently and effectively.
Ideally, we're looking for the right candidate to begin from mid-October 2019.
Working in our stunning winery in Margaret River, your main responsibilities will be:
CAPEX and Fixed Assets
- Request processing: Collection of signatures, filing of requests, project setup in SAP and notification of approval to all involved.
- Assisting in preparing Monthly Capex and fixed assets reports
- Identifying Capex projects ready for capitalization & assisting by preparing asset list
- Disposal processing: Collection of signatures, filing of requests, notification of approval to all involved, drafting of sales orders, processing of disposals in SAP and tracking file in view of year end.
Forecasting, reporting, audit
- Supporting in preparing the internal audit scheduled in 2020
- Assisting the Operations Controller in the preparation of forecasting/reporting documents, especially overheads, Opex, leases, R&M, logistics.
- Liaise with and assist MHA / regional teams as required on all manner of topics
- Assisting on internal and external audit queries
Accounts payables, administrative support
- Back up for Cellar Door sales upload in B1
- Assisting with various grant application, membership renewals
- Assisting Accounts Payable in invoicing process & coding in Concur, new vendor/debtor set up.
- Establishing and sustain a productive relationship with the key internal stakeholders: representing the finance function as a professional, responsive and committed partner, fostering an environment of trust, participating actively to uphold the standards required of Cape Mentelle and Moet Hennessy (process, internal control, policy, etc)
- Supporting Estate staff in their use of financial systems, particularly for purchasing and sales
- Documentation of processes and procedures
- Ad hoc duties, projects and reporting as required by Operations Controller, Estate Director or winery management
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- A Business school or Master's degree specialized in Finance
- A first experience in Accounting or Controlling is required
- A high fluency of verbal and written English Language
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, and advanced MS Excel skills are required
- A sound understanding of data base logic and accounting system (SAP)
- A positive, enthusiastic and strategically minded attitude, with a high attention to details
- Excellent communication and team-playing skills
- Proven ability to be proactive, organized, trustful, autonomous, entrepreneurial and self-starter
Start date : ideally mid-october 2019
Duration: 6 months