MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Manage the creation of new store designs and visual elements to support the US market and to ensure company integrity of the point of sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Visual Merchandising and Store Design Creation
- Understand the elements of space planning standards within a branded store environment and corporate-directed initiatives to determine product placement, planogram direction, and overall visual merchandising of counters.
- Create store environments that are consistent with the Guerlain brand identity by developing knowledge of branded fixtures and tester units.
- Elevate the Guerlain experience with enhanced merchandising elements and tools, including: event animation elements, counter animation elements, launch elements, etc.
- Analyze current event elements and tools and propose new solutions.
- Assist with marketing and sales efforts at each retail location by designing, developing, and customizing merchandising strategies and creating visual opportunities.
- Create a visual merchandising database with information on each department store doors.
- Develop designs, including but not limited to: Fixtures, Signage, Tester units, etc.
- Work on planogram updates for Sephora based on marketing requests.
- Communicate new project initiatives both internally and externally, i.e., Headquarters, retailers, brand departments, consultants, and vendors.
- Educate and train Sales Force in areas of the visual image and merchandising standards.
- Create purchase orders with follow through (from Accounts Payable submission to vendor payment).
- Track project schedules and delivery of goods from beginning to close of all projects.
Work with vendors for the rollout of visuals at all counters based on the Marketing calendar.
Work within budget guidelines.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in Visual Merchandising/Store Design.
- Proven skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service and relationship building.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships with team and key business partners.
- High sense of urgency and initiative.
- Strong technical, organizational, communication and merchandising skills, along with attention to detail and thoroughness, in order to execute brand design objectives at all levels.
- Able to confidently articulate point of view and strategy both written and verbally.
- Experience in store planning and visual merchandising or retail design and knowledge of product placement at a retail level.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in AutoCAD and/or 3D CAD platforms preferred.