MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Product Development Coordinator for fresh will coordinate all aspects of the product development process by helping to organize, facilitate and support the Product Development team on projects, including new product development, reformulations and general quality assurance (QA) matters. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Development, the Product Development Coordinator will be in contact with fresh internal departments, LVMH R&I and Regulator, subcontractors and RM suppliers. The Product Development Coordinator will manage a wide variety of tasks as they relate to coordinating all aspects of the product development process.
- Support the Product Development team during the development of new launch and reformulations
- Log all new sample submissions and record key information & feedback given for each project
- Distribute all lab submissions to the team and key partners, when required
- Assist the team in product evaluation and provide feedback on submissions
- Coordinate and maintain all documentation associated with each project
- Organize and properly label all project lab standards and scale ups
- Coordinate fulfillment of sample requests from key partners
- Maintain global glossary of ingredients with each new formula approval
- Track and analyze new competitive launches, trends, and industry news and share findings with the team on a monthly basis
- Conduct research and identify emerging trends, within and outside of beauty industry
- Review QA samples and issue approvals/rejections to the Quality team. Keep electronic file of all approvals and log relevant QA matters in project status folders.
- Send approved bulk standards for new products to QA team.
- Update and maintain Formula Master Reference database with new formulas as well as discontinuations
- Maintain PD team project list, track key milestones and issue monthly reports to the team
- Maintain PD team intranet site to ensure that all shared documents are organized and up to date
- Assist with preparing meeting agendas, keeping meeting minutes, and issuing recaps
- Maintain product development closet to ensure all product standards and competitive products are organized
- Create presentations to support new concepts, as needed
- Create mood boards for new concepts, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Understanding of the cosmetic industry and a passion for skincare & cosmetic products
- Experience with cosmetic product development is a plus
- Meticulous, analytical and detail oriented with a positive "can do" attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in using MS Office
Based in New York, NY.