Job Description for Corporate Paralegal
This position will assist attorneys in all phases of maintenance of corporate documentation and records. Primary responsibilities include: assisting attorneys with due diligence inquiries for corporate transactions and organization of due diligence materials; conducting factual research; assist in the preparation of transactional documentation including in particular, corporate minutes and closing documents; maintain US companies' information in global corporate governance database; apply for Federal Identification Numbers for clients; coordinate with Paralegals regarding attorney/client special requests.
- Drafting of incorporation/formation/merger/dissolution documents, qualifications, bylaws and corporate resolutions, and file with relevant governmental authorities in a timely manner
- Preparation of stock certificates
- Coordinate and obtain Apostilles for use in foreign countries
- Due diligence review
- Interacting with clients at LVMH maisons
- Assist clients with applying for Business Licenses
- Prepare and apply for Employer Identification Numbers (EIN)
- Act as Administrator and maintain documents in Databases (Digital Corporate Books, Archives, GOVERNIS)
- Research and respond to interdepartmental and client (subs) inquiries
- Draft Powers of Attorney, Secretary's Certificates
- Litigation: Liaise with CSC regarding Service of Process matters
- Manage LVMH group companies' corporate filings and perform necessary corporate housekeeping.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- The ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and creativity in drafting corporate documents and managing deadlines.
- Expert grasp of contracting concepts and strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and drafting skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Project management skills.
- Comfortable with a cross-functional business environment.
- Ability to train and supervise less experienced staff.