MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
Working as a partner to the Business Manager, act as an entrepreneur and take ownership of the Saks Fifth Avenue Parfumeur counter, both for sales results and team management. Provide a customized service experience to Guerlain clients by acting as a brand ambassador, in addition to inspiring, leading, and developing the counter team to offer best-in-class service to all clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Act as an entrepreneur
- Embody the role as an ambassador of the Guerlain Parfumeur concept and contribute to the continuous improvement of the concept with a test and learn approach.
- Create a strong relationship with key business partners, both in the store and in corporate.
- Provide regular feedback to the project stakeholders and contribute to share best practices with other Guerlain retail locations.
- Act as a Business Developer by creating and growing the client base.
- Perform sales analysis and propose actions for improvement. Follow competitive trends.
- Offer customized service experience to Guerlain clients.
- Ensure an engaging fragrance shopping experience for each client at Guerlain Parfumeur counter.
- Connect with clients and build long-term relationships with them through CRM tools.
Act as a Guerlain brand ambassador
- Embody Guerlain's savoir-faire, heritage, and values.
- Transmit and communicate the 3 pillars of Guerlain Parfumeur concept.
- Endorse Guerlain codes and attitudes within the team and act as the role model to convey a client-oriented mindset.
Manage the store on a daily basis
- Manage the counter's P&L: budget, general management, brand management, knowledge of the market and competition, store profit margin, productivity, etc. Identify and analyze deviations and their causes, and execute action plans together with the direct report.
- Ensure achievement of the counter's sales targets and key performance indicators (KPI) of the Guerlain Parfumeur scorecard (Retail and CRM).
- Ensure the consistency of merchandising, grooming, and posting for all team members.
- Coordinate communication for store events and store animations.
- Manage back-office efficiently: sales analysis and reporting with key KPI, stock management, placing orders, and managing shift schedule for team members.
- Build long-term relationships with clients and develop client loyalty.
- Collaborate with corporate office and proactively provide feedback for continuous improvement.
PRINCIPAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- College degree
- 3+ years of prestige fragrance sales and management experience with a strong understanding of details and service
- Prior experience as Counter Manager, Sales and/or Training
- Passionate about Guerlain brand and its values, and able to convey this passion to the team and the clients
- Empathetic and positive, results-oriented, and with an entrepreneurial mindset to develop the business
- Team player and strong listener, in addition to knowledge of how to recruit and build a high-performing and collaborative team
- Resourceful and strong analytic skills for proactive problem solving and for improving the store management on a continuous basis
- Ability to speak multiple languages preferred
- No travel
- Located at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Must be able to work retail hours to meet the needs of the business