As a counter manager you are responsible for the all management of the counter in Bijenkorf Utrecht. You are also in charge of the management and development of your team. Your mission is to drive and maximize the store performance, while ensuring the best level of client experience.
Your passion and embodiment of the brand will enable you to contribute to the wider development of the business and ensure that you continually develop personally and professionally.
Being the Dior ambassdor
- As the Dior counters @ Bijenkorf are at the heart of the Top Stores focus, the Counter Manager will have a very important AMBASSADOR / REPRESENTATIVE role to play vs the Dutch Consumer. This role is key for our Brand Image development.
- As the Dior Counters are the "Welcome" inside a Bijenkorf Beauty Department, the Counter Manager also has an important "Ambassador/Interface" role to play in order to guaranty a fluid and fruitful relation with the Stores Management
- Ensure sales achievements and profitability targets
- Drive and monitor business performance and manage commercial activity with the help of performance indicators
- Strong partner of head office in analysing results, providing relevant reports and proposing and implementing development or corrective action plans
- Understand the competitive environment and identify opportunities for commercial development
- Animate actively the implementation and success of Dior launch plan and animations that galvanize the store, effectively managing internal and external communication to ensure successful events
- Optimize stock levels and sell through by analysing your sales and communicating with back office
Client and Brand Management
- Embody Dior's image for clients, external people and sales team
- Spread a client and service centric mind-set in the team and deliver a world class client experience within the counter
- Proactively propose and execute in-store actions to drive traffic to the store ( including partnership with local actors) and to develop customer loyalty guaranteeing excellent service and expanding customer list.
- Manage and lead team effort in clienteling and CRM activities, including effective usage of the tools
- Maintain high visual merchandising standards as set forth by the visual merchandising department
- Communicate and reflect the brand and corporate strategy, projects and goals to the team
- Create a supportive environment to drive, continuously motivate and empower the teams to meet assigned objectives and targets
- Consistently manage performance and develop the skills and knowledge of all team members effectively utilising company tools and training
- Set relevant individual targets to the teams
- Lead by example: support and uphold the Dior values and competencies at all times, be the first and utmost ambassador for the brand playing an active role on the sales floor and managing clients personally
- Manage timetables according to team and business imperatives
- Ensure that the team is knowledgeable of Brand history of MCD assortment and of product information in all categories
- Assist in recruiting high calibre team members ensuring their retention through the effective management of their induction and performance
- Ensure team's respect of Dior standards in terms in brand knowledge, behaviour and presentation
- Define and manage day-to-day and administration of the boutique
- Effectively manage stock both back and front of house in terms of quantities and merchandising guidelines and ensure inventory accuracy
- Ensure operational compliance across the Boutique and team ensuring that all aspects of company procedures are adhered to including cash, stock, IT and security
- Ensure that the Retail Performance Toolkit, e.g. ATR, IT equipment are well executed and followed up
- Ensure that the health and safety of the Boutique and team are managed and in line with brand and legal expectations
- Ensure cash control procedures are properly followed : bank deposit, safe funds and petty cash and staff is trained in all areas of appropriate register usage and maintenance
- Manage relationships with retailers and boutique providers (security, cleaning...)
- Liaise with HR to manage payroll, incentives calculations, overtime, disciplinary and global compliance with legal labour rules
- 5 years + as a Business or Boutique Manager responsible for teams from 5 to 10 people minimum, preferably in the luxury retail environment
- Proven track record in excelling retail results (sales and profitability)
- Proven record of working as a brand ambassador, being the main contact of all externals.
- Experience of handling and executing well planned and successful prestigious brand events
- Proven record of proactivity in building action plan short and mid-term to animate local clients and of creating local partnerships.
- Results and business oriented
- Pro-active, able to make decisions and solve problems
- Adaptable, positive mind-set and team oriented
- Able to manage, motivate, coach and develop people
- Service orientation and client focus
- Excellent selling and communication skills
- Good computer and analytical skills