The Credit & Collections analyst oversees the whole process of Electronic Direct Debit with our customers (communication, documents exchanged with the bank & the customers, accounting). This person is also responsible for non-EDD collections (checks, wires), researching of invoicing/claims issues and the facilitation of their resolution as well as Customer Credit analysis and maintenance of the COFACE credit insurance .
Management of the Electronic Direct Debit program with our customers:
- Prepares Daily EFT Proposals and sends notice to customers
- Maintain daily log of EFT proposals and bank transmissions
- Review documents before sending to the customers & the bank
- Review & solve customers' failed payments
- Review SAP accounting postings linked to the EDD to ensure accuracy
Other collections (non EDD):
- Post payments against open receivables when not done automatically by SAP
- Issue monthly statements of Customer accounts to all non-EDD Customers.
- Monitor daily lockbox receipts and bank statements to ensure timely and accurate application of cash payments
- Assist in creating the AR Dashboard on SharePoint
Past due management:
- Track past due customers (primarily, but not exclusively non-EDD Customers)
- Analyze aging reports and communicate with past due customers to identify any issues potentially impacting payments
- Research issues for past due invoices and coordinate necessary actions with Operations and/or sales team
- Contact customers to resolve past due accounts and initiate collection
- Collect and analyze customer's financial statements
- Assist in creating Credit Scoring Tool
- Calculate financial ratios
- Prepare credit risk analysis, including proposed credit limit by customer and present recommendation to senior management
- Ensure proposed credit limit is in line with credit insurance
- Review Customer credit limits and credit insurance levels annually and propose changes for review and approval.
- Maintain Credit Limits in SAP
- Maintain Customer Credit Insurance levels and provide required Customer information to COFACE.
- Key participant in Credit Committee Presentations
- Create and maintain Month End Reporting for AR
- Intercompany invoicing
Education : Undergraduate degree in Finance & Accounting required
Languages : English
Professional experience & know how:
3-5+ years of Collections / Finance experience.
Strong Knowledge of Basic Accounting Concepts.
Highly organized individual who is able to work with limited direction; must be able to set and adjust priorities independently,
High level of attention to detail and accuracy
Solid interpersonal and communication skills
Strong PC skills, specifically advanced excel skills
SAP experience preferred; Experience working within the beverage alcohol & three -tier system is a plus.
Based in NYC
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.