The Credit Line Manager is the key people element to DFS' vision of exceptional people delivering exceptional product. The manager is the primary conduit between the corporate merchant team and the customer, ensuring a seamless customer experience aligned to the company vision while effectively driving sales. Managing, mentoring, and developing a cross-functional sales team, the manager brings to this role energy, an ability to lead and correct while acting on their feet' and an intuitive sense to think ahead and problem solve. The Manager own their brand/categories of business at store level and are responsible for ensuring promotions, product training, and overall floor presentations are being met. In addition, they are engaged at a strategic level and work directly with the corporate merchant team on effectively executing what needs to happen to drive sales today as well as communicating future opportunities for growth.
Selling and the Customer Experience
- Align the customer experience to the company vision - exceptional people delivering exceptional product. o Lead, inspire and celebrate exceptional customer experiences.
- Drive sales: action sales, clearance, promotions, and incentive targets with passion. Focus on ways to increase and continually improve
- Conversion of customers from non-buying to buying;
- Spend per transaction, and
- Average Units per Sale (AUS).
- Manage your sales floor: Ensure a high energy, positive floor experience for staff and customers o Observe, coach and react to what is happening around you to continually improve the customer experience and team productivity
- Manage team visibility on the shop floor for optimal staffing and floor coverage
- Effectively partner with the Platinum Services team to enhance the customer experience Team & Service Management.
- Effectively communicate company overall objectives and how the sales team are critical to driving the achievement of company vision, store sales targets and strategies for those objectives. Ensure Team Leader Sales and the Sales Associates have clear goals and objectives which remain focused on the customer experience and productivity targets.
- Review sales productivity and individual sales team member's performance on a regular basis.
- Create and promote a positive work and industrial relations environment in line with DFS values, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations. Responsible for sales staff retention, development and job satisfaction levels.
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Management, Business or equivalent preferred, not essential.
- Critical Skills: Fluency in English and other languages as required by location.
- Work Experience: 2+years retail store experience required.
- Leadership experience with sales and luxury merchandise highly desired.