- Global business leader in luxury champagne, wine & spirits.
- Centrally located in the new precinct of Barangaroo.
- Agile workspace committed to a sustainable future.
Moët Hennessy Australia is currently recruiting a Credit Officer to join our Finance Team. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to work with world class brands in an international, luxury goods company. We are looking for the successful candidate to be highly motivated who demonstrates high levels of attention to detail, is energetic, enthusiastic, organised, solutions focused and who has a passion for luxury wines, spirits and luxury brands.
About the role
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, this is an opportunity to work in a small but established credit team, providing full support in order to minimise credit risk for both Moët Hennessy distribution company and the Estates and Wines businesses.
This role supports in all elements of credit function including cash collection, adhering to credit policies, banking, credit note issue and reporting, customer creation and credit review, legal administration, reporting, claim processing, work with multiple stakeholders internally and externally in a cross functional capacity, be involved with systems & process management, clearing and receivable management as well as any ad hoc projects and tasks.
Your Main Responsibilities will consist of but are not limited to:
- Carrying out cash collection via phone or written contact with customers and work towards target KPIS.
- Mitigate Credit Policy with commercial circumstances on an on-going basis, applying knowledge of customer financial structure and payment history to complement system securities; escalate credit issues as required.
- Ensure the credit policy is enforced and SAP credit parameters are maintained.
- Carry out banking and cash allocation as required - ie allocation of Eftpos payments.
- Issue credit notes and complete reporting in line with appropriate approvals.
- Complete ongoing assessment of customer credit worth, process new account applications and maintain customer credit records.
- Review and submit changes to customer credit limits in with line with company compliance.
- Complete reports and analysis as required.
- Review customer claims in conjunction with relevant internal parties, prepare documentation for approval and process claims in SAP.
- Maintain relationships with the Sales, Customer Service and Supply Chain/Operations team.
- Suggest improvements to procedures on an as necessary basis.
Your profile - Skills & experience:
You will be an individual who enjoys being autonomous, logical, and systematic in your work approach. Critical to your success will be your ability to be a self-starter, adhere to deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Ideally, 2+ years' experience in Credit Control and/or Accounts Receivable.
- Familiar with standard accounting software/systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel knowledge.
- Exposure to the FMCG industry or distribution company.
- Partnering with multi site and distribution teams (preferably multi region experience).
- Knowledge of SAP would be desirable.
- An affinity with and cultural ability to represent the values of "luxury" wines and spirits.
About Moët Hennessy
Moët Hennessy, No. 1 worldwide in Luxury Wine & Spirits, owns prestigious brands such as Moët & Chandon, Dom Pérignon, Hennessy, Glenmorangie, Ruinart and Veuve Clicquot. As a part of LVMH, luxury sector leader, Moët Hennessy is recognized for the quality of its products, its constant research of excellence and innovation. Moët Hennessy realizes more than 90% of its sales turnover in the export and embodies the French Art de vivre.
This unrivalled catalogue of prestigious products symbolizes excellence and authenticity. These products are all positioned in the high end of their respective markets. The portfolio includes sparkling and still wines from the world's most celebrated wine-growing regions. The Maisons of the Group are all supported by a powerful global distribution network that has been strengthened over the years, coupled with an unrivalled stream of innovations aimed at recruiting new consumers.
Moët Hennessy owns about twenty brands. In France, Brands such as Hennessy in Cognac, and our Champagne Maisons - Dom Pérignon, Moët & Chandon, Mercier, Veuve Clicquot, Ruinart and Krug - have a very strong regional integration. Moët Hennessy produces Scotch whiskies single malt in Scotland (Glenmorangie, Ardbeg), bourbon and rye whisky in the US, vodka in Poland (Belvedere) and Tequila in Mexico (Volcan de mi Tierra). Sparkling and still wines of Moët Hennessy produced in Argentina, Brazil, California, Australia, New-Zealand, India, China and in Spain (Ao Yun, Terrazas de los Andes, Chandon, Newton, Cape Mentelle, Cloudy Bay et Numanthia) are united within the business sector Estates & Wines. The Group also owns mythical wines which are Château Cheval Blanc (Saint-Emilion Premier Grand Cru Classé « A »), Clos des Lambrays (Morey-Saint-Denis Grand Cru) and Château d'Yquem (Sauternes, unique Premier Cru Classé Supérieur).