PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be a team member of a Shared Service Centre within the Accounts Receivable department. Responsibility of managing the credit risk analysis of the financial accounts across several legal entities, and to oversee a small team of credit controllers ensuring that they maintain an orderly Sales Ledger and the timely collection of company debt.
- Manage the whole Account Receivable department with the assistance of the Senior Credit Controller.
- Manage relationships with customers in order to reduce exposure to potential bad debt
- Oversee "orders on hold" reporting across all brands and ensure release of orders within specified rules.
- Reassess & update processes "best practice" across our brands
- Control & review aged debtors' files & manage credit risk and debtors' performances
- Analyse company accounts, outstanding debts from customers and flag any credit risks with existing customers.
- Prepare weekly reports and highlight any risks to senior management
- Support team in collecting Sales Ledger debt for all legal entities
- Oversee the overdue reports and communicate to the commercial teams any risks.
- Resolving customer queries, escalate to customers or senior management teams
- Ensure monthly cash & DSO targets are met and reported in time
- Responsible for team to reconcile month end processes and subsequent reporting.
- Undertake that the customer dunning letters have been raised and followed up.
- Ensure that underpayments data base is followed up and updated consistently to ensure accurate reporting.
- Review of customer credit limits in line with Coface insurance and calculate sales peak
- Prepare bad debt write off reports
- Responsible that the team reconcile cash books monthly for the General Ledger and the bank
- Prepare regular risk analysis when required for our Head Office in Paris Credit Management
- Prepare monthly underpayment KPI reports to Senior Management
- Oversee customer admin data base
- Deliver accurate and timely management information
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and deal with any queries that other team members need assistance on
- Take part in monthly meetings with the commercial teams in our head office in London to resolve queries.
- Communicate with senior management on credit topics
- Must have at least 5 years or more experience in Credit Management
- Risk Reporting
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Management of a team
- Excellent Team player
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent telephone technique skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Must have a sense of urgency, be prompt and dynamic in a fast paced environment