PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. It is an interface with the Central Forecast Management Team based in the USA communicating forecast models created and maintained using Business Intelligence and forecast information gathered from Marketing / Commercial / Merchandising and Finance, working closely with the Customer Services team in Hersham.
- Manage the supply and demand from the frozen date to the OCD:
- Monthly catch up with Marketing / Commercial & GM to ensure we have enough forecasts on launch and promotional items.
- In charge of liaising with Central Forecast Management Team (USA) with all the FMR (Forecasts Modification Requests) across categories to adjust the launches if need be
- Provide daily, weekly and Monthly stock reports and
- Monitor safety stock levels, Shelf Life expectancy and slow moving products at UK DC Reporting and actioning corrective actions as identified and agreed with UK GM.
- Ensure a smooth flow for all journeys between all departments (from POSM to sales products): sell in of finished goods / POSM allocation
- Ensure all forecasts are done on time each month; in charge of validating each month after the forecasting run what has been actually ordered.
- Inform all departments of any delay incurred in the availability of new products / liaise with the factory and CFM to ensure necessary stock for UK market
- Liaise closely with the Customer Service Team to support the Management of marketing stock (slow movers and obsolete) held at UK DC
- Provide tools to reconcile the non-charged items consumption every month (AOG / Samples)
- Produce Lost Sales Reports weekly
- Experience in a similar role in a consumer goods / retail environment
- Highly organised and structured work approach
- Supply Chain Planning and MRP understanding
- Team player
- SAP / AX experience preferred