Responsibilities & key activities
> Understand the business stakes, review monthly sales plans, budget updates and demand drivers to accurately build the demand.
> Use the market intelligence and business understanding to provide an excellent forecast quality for big runners (TOP SKUs). Understand the statistic models used to be able to challenge them, and adjust the statistical forecast provided by the Region.
> Understand and appropriately adopt both the Demand Driven logic and tool to replenish the C-Class products. Define the product buffer sizes and daily check the supply is matching the demand.
> Anticipate and assess the impacts of unexpected events on demand and sales on the planning horizon. Control and adjust introduction strategy and cannibalization, products trends, end of life products, special events. Manage seasonality and campaigns roll-out to finalize the Forecast output.
> Guarantee the consistency between forecasts and Sales/Financial targets (Check & Balance).
> Manage the Demand and Supply Planning process to ensure portfolio availability
- Ensure the visibility and projection of stocks for Business Partners.
- Actively manage the stock levels, rotation and planned replenishments.
- Run the forecast process: gather, analyze and validate data, execute statistical modeling software as well as replenishment tool.
- Ensure data cleansing of historic data.
- Set appropriate products and tool parameters, as well as algorithm selection.
- Update customer and product scope in relation with master data
Sales trends awareness
- Be up-to-date on the sales, distribution channel strategy.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- Understand sales mechanisms related to external events
- Compare sales to the forecast on a day-to-day basis and propose corrective actions to stakeholders.
- Publish appropriate indicators
Expertise / Project Management
- Actively contribute to projects by bringing expertise and commitment.
- Steer continuous improvement and project roadmap dynamic.
- Formalize the forecast know-how and documentation.
- Be responsible for evolutions on tools, processes, models considering state of art.
- Train Sales and Demand community on a regular basis.
- University degree/Statistical school / Business school with major in economics
- Forecasting certification is a plus
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Planning, Distribution or as a Business Analyst, Controller
- Fluent in English and German, French is a plus
- Agility, adaptability and tolerance to pressure
- Very strong communication skills
- Luxury market knowledge is an advantage