The Design Services Manager, Global Packaging, will support the Packaging Design Team through the management of daily tasks linked to the design development of new product and promotional packaging. This Manager will assist in the development of the company's Global Packaging programs, including but not limited to, Promotional Programs and New Product Development. A strong leader and communicator, the Design Services Manager will liaise and collaborate with internal fresh teams including Marketing, Operations, Creative, Project Management, and Regulatory on the development of product launches and updates.
- Take ownership of, and manage the Artwork development and routing process.
- Work with Project Management partners to ensure assets are provided and approved for artwork development. Assets include text from Storytelling, die-lines from Packaging Development, Design Direction approval from Marketing, and approved copy and translations from Regulatory.
- Provide final check point of artwork to confirm that files are press ready before releasing to Packaging Development.
- Release final artwork with assets including match-prints, PMS or custom color chips, composed swatches combining color and embossing for pattern development.
- Manage the Package Design Budget, tracking all PO's from project inception thru payment by Accounts Payable; Report the budget status to the team monthly.
- Create and Maintain the Global Packaging Archive and Library which includes existing packaging. Organize and store Innovative Packaging Samples for construction, material, color, and finish. Create a Library of PMS Swatch Books, Foil books, and Printing Techniques for Reference and Development.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, or related field of study
- 7+ years working experience (Beauty industry preferred)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills in ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strategic thinker, developed organizational skills, and problem solver
- Collaborative with the ability to foster team work at all levels of the organization
- Ability to multi-task in face-paced environment
- Action and result oriented
- Passion for Beauty, Innovation, and People