POSITION: DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGER
LOCATION: UK House, London
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF E-BUSINESS
DIRECT REPORT: Digital Product Executive
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Manager to support the wider digital department to help improve our online businesses through e-merchandising. This would be across our 13 e-retail partnership websites, such as Boots, John Lewis, TPS and Selfridges. The Digital Product Manager is an experienced people manager with a background in optimizing the online experience for shoppers on retail partner and pure-player websites.
Working closely with the E-Retail Manager, this role will play a key part in supporting the execution of the online strategy and ensuring a best-in-class consumer experience. You will be responsible for ensuring e-retail websites are updated with relevant and engaging content that is aligned with our brand messaging and guidelines. This includes all online content, products, reviews and launches and you will be responsible for ensuring excellence in execution, flawless merchandising and optimized navigation both within and outside of e-retail brand rooms.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
- Work closely with the E-Retail Manager to define product updates in-line with the marketing calendar and planning in advance to ensure timely execution
- Ensure the customer journey and e-merchandising charter guidelines are maintained and upheld to the highest standard (Product, content, reviews and SEO are optimized), including ongoing tracking, progress per e-retailer and reporting weekly status to Head of E-Business
- Proactively identify and improve poor performing products and pages - including lister pages
- Work closely with e-retail partner buying offices to co-lead implementation of re-platforming or new wireframe adoption to ensure best-in class brand rooms and navigation (ad-hoc/as needed)
- Liaise with e-retail buying offices on an ongoing basis to ensure best in-class Brand Rooms including top merchandising of best sellers and new product launches
- Work closely with e-retailers to optimize keywords, links and landing pages to improve visibility, conversion and product sales
- Utilize 3P tools to track share-of-shelf performance outside brand rooms across all marketing activity and report back to key stakeholders on KPIs and insights for action (including key competitors)
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Educated to degree level preferably in Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Design or similar
- Solid experience within customer insight, marketing and working within an eCommerce department
- Hands-on experience in development of solutions for improving SEO or general website performance
- Strong eye for detail and ability to constantly improve user experience with customer centric approach
- Ability to show initiative and enthusiasm for driving the online business in-line with sales targets
- Ambitious, highly motivated, inspirational talent capable of both creative thinking and tactical delivery
- Ability to work well independently, prioritise multiple tasks, meet deadlines, demonstrate initiative and a strong work ethic
- People management experience or mentoring of junior content staff
- Experience within the Beauty industry is essential