The Director of Brand Marketing is a creative and analytical leader with a proven track record in marketing strategy, campaign execution, storytelling, connections planning, and team development. They will be responsible for continuously advancing the brand vision through innovative, data driven, strategic marketing programs that generate brand awareness, consideration and intent, and leading to trial/purchase. This person will oversee the strategy for U.S. marketing initiatives, setting objectives and KPIs for new launches, core, one off program and direct the overall tone & voice of the brand's presence in the US partnering across social, paid, earned and retail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
New Launch & Core Product Marketing Strategy
- Lead the overarching marketing strategy, content & brand activation plans to support Benefit US priorities.
- Develop brand marketing strategies and components of multi-faceted 360 marketing plans across functions/channels and present recommendations for leadership.
- Craft & direct the brand DNA in the US, bringing it to life & keeping it consistent across all touchpoints.
- Provide recommendations on new launch & core product focus including calendarizing based on strategic & consumer insights, activation tactics, ROI results
Brand Activations & Partnerships
- Bring DNA to life in the US across all consumer touchpoints, ensuring consistency of brand voice & tone
- Push the envelope in developing a social forward and culturally relevant brand strategy
- Responsible for ideating, project-managing, creatively executing influencers sends, trips & events (virtual or in person). Drive a Run-Of-Show that enhances owned & earned social content creation while maximizing EMV throughout the year.
- Develop, procure, and forecast retail collateral that complements Visual Merchandising & Training and drives the highest engagement across retail channels.
- Oversee branded elements in and out of store, including but not limited to: pop-up shops, retail collateral, retail marketing.
- Oversee internal and external conferences & tradeshows, including National Sales Meetings, makeup trade shows.
- Ideate, forge, and execute brand partnerships that expands Benefit's reach to new customers, while maintaining aspirational Brand imagery, including sample boxes, licensing, and consumer activations
Create a "Lovemark Brand" through Voice & Content
- Partner with Communication and set KPIs for platform & content across owned, earned, and paid
- Ideate, create, and execute culturally-relevant and targeted campaigns that complement global campaigns
- Directly manage and cultivate creative talent to bring out the best assets & content that are aligned with brand DNA
- Collaborate with the Visual Merchandising team to enhance any digital campaigns for in-store presence
- Partner with copywriter to ensure tone & voice is aligned with global directive as well as the US consumer
Traffic Asset-Creation & Project Manage Activation
- Partner with Global to manage timeliness for global deliverables
- Serve as the point of contact for US Cross-Functional teams including Visual Merchandising, Education, Account Directors, eTail Channels, etc.
- Meet budget guidelines while achieving the highest ROI for programming
- Strive to improve consistency in messaging across all U.S. marketing departments (retail/pr, digital, commerce, brand), including content development for all launches & initiatives
- Lead user experience development and creative feedback for all digital marketing & social media efforts
- 7+ years of brand marketing experience with proven track record in campaign creation/execution, storytelling, and success in bringing paid and collaborative partnerships to life which moved the brand forward
- Strong understanding of the internet and a passionate user of digital technologies who is curious about the evolution of this space. Knowledge of social media, content strategy and influence marketing tactics.
- Ability to foster connections thinking to challenge teams to not only create innovative campaigns, but also think equally about where these campaigns will come to life and how they will live in the eco-systems where consumers play
- Ability to lead, motivate, coach team to success
- Strategic & analytical skills to draw conclusions from data and make recommendations to meet business goals
- Intuitive grasp of customer and a drive to impact and satisfy customers
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality
- Strong organization skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
- Knowledge in MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign)
- Ability to travel
Benefit Cosmetics is the San Francisco-based makeup brand that believes laughter is the best cosmetic. Benefit is the No. 1 Brow Brand Worldwide and is synonymous with fun, instant beauty solutions. Founded in 1976, the beauty brand has swept the world with one-of-a-kind cult favorite products like Benetint, BADgal BANG Mascara, the POREfessional Face Primer, Hoola Bronzer, Precisely, My Brow Pencil and Gimme Brow+. Benefit is one of the fastest growing prestige beauty brands in the business with locations in 59 countries across 5 continents. With more than 3,000 BrowBars with over 6,000 aestheticians worldwide, Benefit has become the brow destination for both product and service! Benefit is part of the world's leading luxury products group, Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy.
At Benefit, everything we do and every product we make is to put a smile on people's face. We do this by breaking rules with wit and wisdom, solving problems with courage and creativity and by always trying to make real connections with the people we work with and the customers we touch every day. If you work hard, play hard and love to laugh out loud, you are just what we are looking for to join the Benebabes. To explore how you can be a part of our feel good business, go to www.benefitcosmetics.com
At Benefit, we believe that laughter is the best cosmetic and that makeup doesn't have to be serious to look good. We believe that we are not only in the makeup business but in the feelgood business, because when we are laughing & having fun, that's when we are at our most beautiful. We create instant beauty solutions that are the perfect storm of innovation, storytelling and creative names & packaging that will put a smile on your face.