The Director of Creative Services is responsible for all Windows, Environment & Seasonal elements for our North American retail boutiques and wholesales businesses. This role is in charge of creating industry leading, brand defining, store environments that support the Dior lifestyle and aesthetic from technical design through execution.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Drive traffic, increase sales and build brand loyalty through technical design, strategy and project management of windows
- Seasonal Elements (florals, propping, displays)
- Responsible for Media (marketing campaigns, photography, artwork, books)
- In-store signage
- Responsible for managing timelines, $MM budgets- forecasting, tracking and finding cost savings
- Contributor of design ideas and inspiration- constantly looking for new designs and elements that could fit within the brand aesthetic
- Liaise with other departments to ensure seamless in-store execution
- Create/manage Processes, Communication Tools, Training Documents etc.
- Manage Department Calendar- sourcing, prototyping, installs, shipping, customs requirements
- Manage network of vendors, contractors and installers
- Maintain close partnership with Paris Creative team to bring Paris concepts to life, ensuring global consistency for Dior Visual directive
- Create unique environments for Trunk Shows, Special Events, Pop-Ups, etc.
- Technical design- strategy- budget- communication- project management to execution.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field with 10+ years of experience in luxury retail environments and window design
- Solve complex problems in connection with design and detailing of luxury retail projects of varying scales
- Possess in-depth knowledge of retail trends
- Expertise in project management, with proven ability to manage tight timelines of multiple projects concurrently
- Balance design, quality, costing, and functionality
- Industry awareness and market knowledge
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, MAC
- Proven ability to enthusiastically lead a dynamic team, collaborating with and motivating others
- Passion for design, fast-paced environments, collaborative teamwork, and personal connection with the Dior brand a must.
- Demonstrate highly effective skills in communication, influencing, and consensus building
- Strong written and verbal communication sills must be able to communicate to Business partners: Paris Creative Team, Visual Merchandising, Retail Field Team, Store Planning, Wholesale Sales, Retail Buying, Finance, Department Stores (Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, Holt Renfrew, etc.)
- Must be able to travel as needed