JOB TITLE: Director, FP&A
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
DIRECT SUPERVISOR TITLE: Vincent Hikiba
LOCATION: 555 Madison Avenue, NY, NY
The Director, FP&A is responsible for managing all the reporting and forecasting activities as well as evaluating the profitability of new initiatives and producing ad hoc analyses.
Director, FP&A will be involved in supporting presentations to the local management, Headquarter and Group Counterpart, working closely with the other senior members of the Company. Director, FP&A will partner with Head of Departments and their staffs to support their decision process, not only being active in educating them on finance and accounting procedures but also in walking them through how the finance function can support program operations.
In addition, s/he will engage with the VP Finance, human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts for the business and track key variances, changes and opportunities in actual results versus forecast
- Generate, maintain and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal and external stakeholders as well as quarterly materials
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis including ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Create, own and refine the budgeting process including development of department specific budgets and related ongoing variance reporting and analysis
- Preserve the consistency of all the reporting cycles by coordinating with the local accounting teams and the HQ functions to ensure timely and accurate submission of the financial statements;
- Take the lead in managing the recurring budgeting and planning processes and ensure proper reporting and variance analysis.
- Guarantee the compliance to Group Policies and principle in regard to financial matters.
- Support the management with a comprehensive set of analyses and reports for them to stay abreast of any financial and business trend highlighting potential risk and opportunities;
- Ensure the financial soundness of any initiative/project by tracking the alignment of actual top plan for both current and capital expenditure
- Produce cash flow forecast by working in partnership with management in order to highlight funding requirements.
- Develop the profitability analysis of new project and track the actual return on investment highlighting any deviation to Group's guidelines.
- Support the CFO in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery.
- Provide hints to support the development of the IT application portfolio as far financial analysis are concerned.
- Constantly partner with Heads of Departments in reading trends from the numbers and highlighting potential issues/opportunities supporting them in tracking the financial efficiency and effectiveness of the action taken.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Exposure to complex international environment is a must as well the capability of working under the constant pressure of strict deadlines.
- The capability of connecting, understanding and translating the business events which have a direct impact on the financial performance is a key factor of success in this position
- Strong communication skills are crucial in dealing with a variety of internal and external counterparts
JOB SKILLS, REQUIREMENTS & ATTRIBUTES:
- 7 years of accounting auditing and financial analysis experience in a luxury retail setting, preferred
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting systems software
- Bachelor's Degree: CPA and/or MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Analytic, organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts
- Strong drive for results and goal orientation
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to lift boxes / weight up to 10lbs
- Foreign language skill a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends from time to time as needed
- 30 % travel required