MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Director, Internal Communications is responsible for developing, implementing and managing a comprehensive internal communications strategy for fresh worldwide. The focus of the comprehensive internal communication program will be to increase employee engagement and build internal alignment and awareness across all employees in all areas including brand heritage, business strategy, organizational change initiatives, human resource programs, and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Reporting directly to the SVP, Human Resources and managing and mentoring an Associate Manager, you will be working closely with departmental and team leaders for all Global HQ departments.
Our HR team is people minded, collaborative, team spirited, proactive, progressive and solutions-oriented. As an integral member of our team, you will help develop integrated solutions in a number of key areas, such as culture curation, change management, and business priority alignment.
An experienced leader of Internal Communications who understands how to navigate the complexity of a dynamic and growing business in an environment with rapidly evolving teams, will be crucial for our long-term success. Our team shepherds change while creating stability for our teams. We help ensure priorities and initiatives are evaluated by the value-add and impact to our people as well as identifying solutions that are scalable and sustainable.
- Develop, implement and manage comprehensive communication plan across all employee populations
- Create content in alignment with fresh brand identity standards and communication guidelines
- Ensure consistency of messages across all internal communication channels
- Provide corporate templates and tools (newsletter, templates and guidelines) to all departments
- Develop & manage communications efforts for global deployment of best practices across all Departments
- Establish metrics, track progress and develop tools to improve communication effectiveness
- Develop and implement communications plans, strategies that support business goals and objectives for fresh
- Develop strategy to address needs of employees and business
- Assess needs, write, edit, produce, and manage distribution of internal communications content as needed. (e.g., newsletters, articles for intranet, corporate announcements, presentations, speeches)
- Develop innovative communication approaches (intranet, videos, digital screens, presentations, conferences, and e-mails)
- Collaborate with HR partners on content creation and management of fresh's Linkedin site and other appropriate social network channels
- Provide advice and counsel to management on the use of internal communications
- Support Management in preparing and delivering key communications / events (e.g. presentations, Town Hall, celebration and teambuilding events, etc.) and presenting in these key moments
- Provide direct support and coaching to build their communication competencies
- Work closely with internal teams, including HR and Office Services, to communicate initiatives in global HQ offices
- Support all employee organizational announcements
- Partner closely with HR, Management, and Departments to define communication needs and execute plans
- Partner with all department heads to develop, approve and publish all Intranet Departmental content
- Partner with HR on employee engagement and development initiatives
- Coordinate all interviews pertaining to internal stories
- Participate in weekly departmental meetings, and relevant cross-departmental and event-focused meetings
- Develop, implement and manage CSR platform and practices
- Build links with external organizations promoting D&I and CSR to obtain recognition for fresh as a market leader through its practices and to promote further engagement & connectivity amongst employees
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months:
- Build credibility and trust among employees at all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
- Gain understanding of the organization's culture, business strategy and the fresh employee experience
- Continue to establish the yearly communications calendar centered around key priorities such as CSR, sustainability, and DE&I
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- Design and implement internal communications plans and strategies for 2022 in alignment with business goals
- Support and provide recommendations in the execution of companywide initiatives and events such as Town Hall, Global Meetings, etc.
- Develop the internal brand voice in order to create streamlined communication across the organization inclusive of innovative communication strategies by way of intranet, videos, etc
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of Communications, Internal Communications, CSR, Events, Human Resources, Project Management
- Experience in retail, luxury retail or service-oriented organization, preferred.
- People focused. Able to quickly & organically build strong relationships at all levels cross functionally.
- Superb verbal, written and communication skills with the ability to present to a wide range of audiences from leadership to the entire fresh organization
- Emerging coach and thought partner to employees and team leaders.
- Insatiable curiosity for the business. Obsession to understand business priorities and how we in HR support these priorities through our talent.
- Strong people sensibility and instincts. Always considering the implications & impacts to employees.
- Passionate about being progressive in HR & communications philosophies and practices.
- Trust, integrity, accountability and credibility are paramount in character.
- Honesty, transparency, inclusion, thoughtfulness, support and having a strategic mindset are critical in communication and action.
- Proactive, punctual, and reliable
- Proactive planning, strong follow-through and follow-up
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently support multiple teams within the company
- Ability to easily self-motivate
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Dynamic, highly personable, and culturally sensitive
- Resourceful and solutions-oriented
- Expert in creative problem solving
- Affinity to building and evolving. We roll up our sleeves!
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Based in New York, NY