Develop and execute strategic marketing programs for Dior's Makeup business in accordance with Management's objectives. Meet growth objectives and contribute to overall corporate profit through new product launches, as well as the ongoing support of basic business within a given outlined budget. Oversee implementation of promotion and strategy aligning with key retailer objectives, with a focus on the Lip, Eye and Looks category. Manage, train, develop, and motivate direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and implement North American Marketing strategies for makeup category with a focus on topline growth and increasing market share and rank. Category lead on Dior's Lip, Looks & Eye category and specialty programming.
- Lead, plan, and execute launch programs including: adapting launches for North American market, forecast launch quantities, etc. Additionally, manage full 360-launch plans including: budget, visual weeks, merchandising, sampling, account specific adaptation. Partner with cross functional teams on execution of PR, education, events, media support, and co-op programming.
- Work with Makeup Marketing team to develop seasonal marketing calendar to maximize launches and strategic focus. Ensure ongoing update and communication of the calendar.
- Help build strategy for Lip & Eye category for the US to drive market leadership
- Develop strong working relationship with the Central Marketing team. Communicate regularly to outline market specific needs, provide feedback on launches including category analysis with U.S.-specific needs (e.g., shades, claims, name, formula, competition, trends, and gaps/opportunities in product portfolio).
- Issue quarterly trend report including monthly NPD competitive information, new product launches, and social media trends.
- Lead and drive merchandising initiatives for all distribution channels: Installations; Counters, including launch glorifiers, new makeup bar units
- Work closely with Key Account Managers to customize programming per retailers (Sephora, Nordstrom, Macy's, Dillard's, etc.) in order to maximize sales and visibility per account.
- Build and revise annual budget (promotional spending). Reconcile monthly actual to budget spending to make sure that spending is on target.
- Take proactive approach toward saleable and non-saleable inventory through monthly updates. Ensure correct inventory of saleable line items to minimize out of stocks and inventory excesses.
- Track retail sales monthly and overall product performance in order to anticipate and react to changing environment.
- Establish and maintain strong and supportive individual and team relationships with cross-functional groups (Sales, Education, Merchandising, Creative, Media, PR, and Finance).
- Prepare and present seasonal marketing calendar and programs to all retailers twice per year.
- Supervise marketing Coordinator on daily activities to ensure alignment on strategic focus and daily work flows.
- Complete other projects, analyses, or job-related activities on a timely basis as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of Marketing experience in the beauty industry, specifically on being a North America local affiliate market working with product development teams abroad
- Color Experience preferred
- Prestige makeup experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written presentation skills, and excellent computer skills, including Excel, and PowerPoint; NPD analytical skills preferred
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Highly Analytical with strong forecasting and budget experience
- Should be a strategic thinker, an "influencer," a consensus builder, and excellent team player.
- A proven and successful people-management track record