Acting as the Head of the Wholesale business and lead Merchant for the Retail network in North America, this individual is responsible for achieving Kenzo's annual and seasonal revenue targets for the wholesale business in the market. Concurrently, this person will oversee the buying and merchandise budgets for the Retail network including Stores and Digital. Direct reports include an Account Executive and Merchandiser. Reporting into the Managing Director, North America.
- Seasonal Showroom: forecast, negotiate, and sell into budgets with Wholesale partners including Department Stores and Multi-Brand retailers.
- Lead regular budget and business development calls with Wholesale partners driving brand and sales priorities.
- Provide business reporting and presentations at the local and Paris HQ level, including selling analysis, market context, and product feedback.
- Create and execute seasonal and annual strategies to grow the business in alignment with brand priorities.
- Provide operational oversight on Logistics, Credit Management, and related systems to ensure business is consistent.
- Lead the purchasing process during seasonal showrooms, in season capsules, and replenishment to achieve sales objectives in the Retail channel.
- Lead Merchandising meetings at the Local and Paris HQ level, provide business reporting and analysis on product performance and opportunities.
- Develop and execute merchandise and assortment strategies to achieve Retail sales objectives.
- Directly manage OTB per season and the allocation and optimization of stock across Wholesale, Stores, and Digital.
- Participate in Store visits, meetings, and initiatives for 360 management of the Retail business.
- Facilitate Product Knowledge for both the Retail and Wholesale channels.
- Collaborate and work closely with Director of Ecommerce, Director of Operations & Performance, Visual Merchandising, Paris HQ Retail Teams, and Fashion Group Shared Services to achieve objectives.
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience in a Merchandising capacity
- Prior experience working in both a multi-brand retailer and mono-brand strongly desired
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Cross-Cultural business experience
- Strong Excel skills and previous experience in Tableau
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along well with diverse personalities - tactful- mature - flexible
- Ability to multitask and work in a hands-on environment
- Prior experience managing and developing team