The Director of Process Engineering and Quality Assurance is in charge of product industrialization from scale-up to the assembling lines validations in the factories. He/ She ensures that final product delivered to our customers complies with company's quality standards and external regulations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that qualification of first production runs at vendors is performed as needed.
- Ensure that the in-line testing required during production is implemented during the line qualification.
- Give support to vendors for the validation of new product launches (in priority at new vendors and complex formula)
- Responsible to ensure that documents and controls are in place for manufacturing processes at contracts manufacturers.
- Lead process improvement efforts at contract manufacturers
- Interface with Marketing team to ensure timely approvals of pilot batches for new formulas developments
- Responsible for technical validation of all new filling vendors
- Plan and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications.
- Develop and lead Quality improvement efforts at identified suppliers.
- Develop appropriate Quality Control activities in Development processes.
- Implement and audit GLPs and GMPs practices as they relate to cosmetics and personal care.
- Identify training needs for the team and take actions to ensure company-wide compliance
- Monitors and evaluates appropriateness of facilities quality control plans and practices
- Designs, schedules and conducts quality review audits as appropriate to packaging suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Provide training and support to Quality Assurance Team on Systems, Procedures, Policies and core Processes
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issue to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines and external regulatory requirements.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to translate regulations into practical business applications
- Knowledge of data collection techniques.
- Knowledge of system management processes/systems as required in designated positions.
- Knowledge of data modeling methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of product development/analytical and testing requirements. Able to measure and audit the overall competency of a lab. Capable of overseeing the Stability, Compatibility, Toxicology and Microbiology requirements and standards of our typical products.
- Ability to successfully facilitate team meetings internally and with international partners
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline (micro biology, chemistry, etc.) and/or experience equal to 10 years of full-time work in related fields.
- Desired skills are manufacturing flow/process experience,
- Six Sigma specialist training/qualification desired
- Industrial Engineering, Quality Engineering, Process Engineering experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel as needed including international travel.