The Director of Retail Training is responsible for planning, implementing and managing the Retail Training Plan for the Americas. Leading the Retail Training Team, the Director of Retail Training supports the business by focusing training efforts to support overall results and team development needs.
- Plan, implement and manage a structured training program for the zone.
- Focus training efforts to support business objectives and team development needs; measures the contributions of the training function in support of the overall business needs.
- Work with HQ to identify and address the training needs for the Americas; support and influence the creation of content, pilot key initiatives and create a strong partnership between the teams.
- Manage the creation of required training on a timely basis, adapt and scale HQ content based upon the needs of business.
- Develop and execute the annual training plan, including Customer Journey training, Retail Manager Induction, Client Advisor Induction, Training Store visits and other key Zone initiatives with specific attention to driving business results, leadership, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Lead and inspire a world class training team by setting annual goals, coaching and monitoring performance, and providing ongoing performance review feedback for all direct reports.
- Serve as the Training Lead with Corporate and Regional partners; liaise with other areas of the business in supporting their training needs, from both a content and a facilitation perspective.
- Build trust and develop relationships with all corporate and retail partners; develop a strong line of communication and constant collaboration with Regionals and Country Managers.
- Consistently collect feedback from stores to ensure our teams are trained to successfully perform their jobs at the highest level and offer an elevated client experience.
- Serve as a strong and resourceful leader; able to craft creative solutions with changing business needs.
- Spend time with Store Teams as a dynamic leader and coach.
- Develop a strong service focus and background; drive the implementation and maintenance of a strong culture of exceptional service in every one of our stores.
- Manage and maximize annual training budgets.
- 7+ years of Training experience in a luxury retail setting, preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to drive business and service culture through training and coaching of store teams.
- Proven track record with people development and leadership.
- Ability to lead a team to inspire employees to excellence and deal effectively with under performance.
- Excellent listening and observation skills.
- Track record in building internal and external client relationships.
- Passion for elevated service and client experience.
- Ability to articulate ideas quickly and concisely in a variety of settings, adjusting the message to reach the proposed objectives and audience.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills and ability to speak in small and large group settings.
- Strong computer skills, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Strong drive for results and goal orientation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage details, deadlines and budgets.
- Ability to lift boxes / weight up to 10lbs.
- Foreign language skill a plus.
- Ability to work nights and weekends from time to time as needed.
- 50% travel as needed.