The Director, Visual Merchandising will manage and direct the Fendi Americas Visual Merchandising team and ensure the highest level of excellence in all creative work produced and executed for the retail and wholesale stores. The role oversees the US, Mexico, Brazil, and Canadian markets (52 stores) and supports the franchisees.
- Oversee window installations and displays for all stores in the Americas.
- Elevate brand image by implementing consumer-centric visual merchandising strategies.
- Lead visual merchandising initiatives for new store openings, product launches, and product placements.
- Work closely with Home Office to gather artistic and creative direction for visual merchandising projects and supply relevant feedback to the Home Office on the needs of this region.
- Plan and coordinate all Visual Merchandising activities with Merchandising and other departments to ensure buy-in to action plans.
- Provide store management with artistic direction required for all visual displays.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external vendors (e.g. window installers, graphics, freelancers, flowers, props, etc.)
- Manage budget for all in-store visual displays and installations in partnership with the Finance team.
- Identify visual merchandising material needs for displays.
- Evaluate customer feedback and implement changes as needed.
- Drive both Retail and Wholesale businesses through visual initiatives.
- Manage, support, train, and motivate the Visual Merchandising team both directly and remotely.
- Support communication department in the organization of store events (new store openings, trunk shows in off-site locations).
- Prepare regular reports regarding status of visual direction in the Region for the President and Home Office.
- Create training tools and materials regarding window displays and store interiors for both Retail and Wholesale channels.
- Train Store Managers, Visual Merchandising Ambassadors and Wholesale DSA on visual display techniques.
- Conduct store visits regularly to ensure visual direction is being followed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 7 years of Visual Merchandising experience in the luxury industry or a personal luxury sensibility. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Visual talent, an eye for and a keen, innate understanding of luxury brand, product, lifestyle and consumer. while also being both current and visionary.
- A strong understanding of business needs and trends along with a track record of successfully managing a budget and adhering to financial guidelines.
- Strong leadership skills attracting, managing and motivating a world-class team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to inform and effectively collaborate with others internally and across country lines as well as with vendors.
- An executive who can manage from both the office and the field, being an on-site, visible, motivational leader.
- Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop.
- Ability to travel 40 - 50% of the time (both domestic and international).