MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Director/Associate Director, Global Forecasting will lead a team to develop comprehensive, market and channel specific, 24-month rolling forecasts for current and future products. As a key cross-functional partner to fresh's HQ teams as well as the global markets' General Managers and Forecasting teams, the Director/Associate Director, Global Forecasting will incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, operations, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts and other sources
The Director/Associate Director, Global Forecasting is an expert in S&OP with significant experience in the implementation of tools and processes. A strong leader in Forecasting, the Associate Director is an effective communicator with executives and global partners in order to provide clear direction and recommendations.
- Lead the worldwide forecasting process with our 19 global markets to ensure the quality of the process and accuracy of results.
- Direct the forecasting activities associated with major events, transitions, new, and discontinued items.
- Manage and facilitate the success of the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process to ensure alignment between financial target and monthly forecasts globally and by market.
- Achieve forecast accuracy goals in total and by market.
- Facilitate monthly reviews of forecast accuracy results with each market and utilize feedback from Sales to adjust forward estimates.
- Encourage open exchange of information and viewpoints with markets and HQ marketing team, as well as inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance
- Leverage knowledge of retail sales, markets evolution and current product performance to propose new initiative potential to internal partners based on market and retail knowledge
- Develop and improve all current reports and forecasting tool
- Ensure success of new forecasting tool that was just implemented
- Be proactive to provide continuous improvement
- Develop and manage a team of forecasters
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months:
- You will have a global understanding of Fresh strategy and portfolio, as well as key short term and long term of our markets to drive global forecasts
- You will develop your Market knowledge and fresh strategy & approaches in a diversified, dynamic and highly competitive environment
- You will develop an expertise on our new implemented forecasting tool (Dynasis)
- You will implement the global SOP process with our markets
- You will start building strong cross functional partnership with our retail, marketing and finance team
What you will achieve in 12 months:
- You will animate monthly forecasting review with COO, VP Finance and quarterly SOP review with Fresh Exe team to ensure that financial target and forecasting target are aligned.
- You will publish monthly forecasting KPI with key action plan and ensure that global forecasts accuracy target are achievable and achieved by our key markets
- You will lead monthly discussion with exe team on newness potential over the next 3 years
- You will continue to improve existing reporting and tool to sustain Fresh growth
- You will be a key partner for your cross functional team
- You will successfully lead your team
- At least eight years of proven success in Forecasting and Demand Planning at a Manager or Director level (in the Promotional Products industry a plus)
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in supply chain management, business, math, advanced statistics, economics, operations research and/or computer science; Master's degree a plus
- A strong people leader, demonstrated ability to motivate a team and collaborate with peers
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to translate data into objectives to drive performance and financial objectives
- Experience with US, European and Asian Markets to understand their specificities a plus
- Professional written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with the implementation and use of ERP planning tools or Forecasting Tools
- Ability to work seamlessly in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Passion for the cosmetics industry a plus
Based in Jersey City, NJ