MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Director/Senior Director, Gifting & Brand Animation Marketing will lead the development and implementation of the fresh "Gifting and Brand Animation Marketing (GBAM)" global product portfolio. Gifting is a highly strategic portion of the fresh business representing almost 30% of the total business. As we say at fresh, when you love fresh, you gift fresh. In this role you will lead the development and implementation of the fresh global Gifting Marketing strategy and product portfolio to drive brand growth and increase market share in priority channels and regions, particularly in China and North America.
- Lead teams to manage innovative product development in fresh's fast-growing gifting category to increase brand awareness and drive core - including gift sets, limited editions, brand partnerships and brand collateral
- Lead execution of gifting strategies while improving profitability year-over-year including mixes, pricing, seasonal changes, business upgrades and product innovation
- Identify gifting white space opportunities based on findings from sales data, market feedback, consumer insights, social listening, CRM data and transposition from other industries
- With Communications and Image team, define and develop product related to fresh's on-going limited editions and partnerships to have a positive brand halo and aid in brand awareness
- Drive short-term and long-term sustainability initiatives within fresh's gifting portfolio with the long-term objectives to 2031 while maintaining brand equity and luxury category competitive advantage
- Lead execution of product marketing strategy including product architecture, product launch/re-launch process and go-to-market strategy including the highly strategic and largest campaign of the year, Holiday
- Lead 2-year by-market/by-channel Campaign Calendar; develop and maintain calendar in collaboration with all markets and 360 campaign partners
- Lead, coach and manage a high-performing team of 2. Develop an environment of mentorship, champion change as a team leader within a larger Global Marketing team.
What you will learn (and/or achieve) in the first 6 months -
- Strong cross-functional relationships in building brand knowledge and marketing expertise as a key contributor in a highly competitive and quickly evolving category and consumer-mindset in remote work environment
- Build 15 product/program launches (at various stages in the development cycle) and develop three launch campaigns
- Partnering with the China Liaison team, learn strong insights into the Travel Retail business and channel needs as fresh views as a key strategic area for gifting while maintaining American roots and heritage (east vs west needs)
- fresh's long-term strategic sustainability vision to 2031 with a focus on responsible sourcing and the communities impacted for future generations
- With a highly penetrated e-business, continually adapt business strategy, assets and tactics to become even stronger as part of the expectations of the consumer across their journey and anticipate future expectations
What you will achieve in 12 months -
- Build a scalable, branded and agile gifting portfolio to match fresh's profitability and brand awareness objectives to have fresh be more recognized as a "Gifting Brand"
- Led a team to execute 9 launches, including the largest campaign of the year
- Bachelor's degree, MBA or advance degree preferred
- Position requires 10+ years Marketing/brand management experience; global development experience preferred
- Experience in global development, operational marketing, beauty industry, knowledge of packaging design and development, campaign development and China experience are a plus
- A proven and successful people-management and leadership track record
- A strategic thinker, an ‘influencer', a consensus builder, and an excellent team player
- Experience working 360 cross-functionally with key partners -operations, supply chain, forecasting, finance, creative, digital, packaging development, local affiliate markets, pricing, etc.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with their eye on achieving business goals and long-term brand objectives - strong business analysis and financial fluency is a must to match fresh's profitability objectives
- Exhibit a keen ability to be proactive as well as handle a multitude of projects at one time managing timelines and deliverables
- Thrives in fast-paced and ever-changing environment, flexible, ability to navigate conflicting priorities
- A champion of change with a curative lens on the changing consumer, business results and decision-making
- Understanding of multi-channel retail practices, marketplace advances and consumer technologies in China, Travel Retail, US, Sephora-ecosystem a plus
Based in New York, NY