MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The Director/Sr Director, Visual Merchandising and Store Design (VMSD), North America, in partnership with the Global VP of Visual Merchandising & Store Design, will strategize and execute VMSD projects, solely focused on the retail/consumer experience in North America. The Director/Sr Director will oversee the rollout of hard merchandising and soft merchandising initiatives, as well as new shop opening designs and fabrication and partnering with our Visual Merchandiser for North America, maintaining visual merchandising standards and campaigns for all accounts, equaling to 375+ points of distribution. A key contributor to the North America Team, the Director/Sr Director will lead a team, and drive team goals through inspirational leadership and mentorship.
Store Design and Construction
- Responsible for providing senior management leadership in store design and architecture capacity, both leading the team and representing the department in external and internal meetings
- Ability to develop working knowledge of brand identity and aesthetics, with an extraordinary attention to detail
- Review shop drawings and red-line construction documents
- Manage communication and partnership with external design firms, manufacturers, and preferred vendors.
- Manage bid reviews to ensure that bidders are clear on project scope and details.
- Handle all paperwork associated with each project, including contract documentation, transmittals, contractor requests for information, design changes, etc.
- Retail windows - Manage rollout of window concepts to boutiques, inclusive of two and three dimensional assets and store communication
- Manage campaign and seasonal driven merchandising directives, updating for new product launches and reasserting merchandising initiatives.
- Partner with marketing for consumer initiatives, designing and executing projects where needed.
Third Party Retailers
- Design and manage quarterly merchandising initiatives for shop-in-shops, inclusive of two and three-dimensional assets
- Manage campaign and seasonal driven merchandising directives, updating for new product launches and reasserting.
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Third Party Retailers
- Concept development of visual merchandising solutions that work across all store locations and accommodates for unique sizes and layouts of stores
- Responsible for creating creative assets for regional sales managers meetings and store events.
- Responsible for compiling information that is relevant to store environment and visual requirements.
Qualifications and Expectations
- 12 plus years of related experience with strong design background including concept development and production
- Previous experience in managing a creative team
- Must have the ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite Design Programs, including InDesign.
- Proven ability to take projects from concept to execution
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience managing and partnering with Sephora
- Strong team spirit with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Passion for cosmetic retailing and entrepreneurial work environment
- Ability to travel 30%.