Belmond is seeking to recruit a Divisional Director of Brand & Marketing to lead the Asia Pacific Brand & Marketing efforts through the next phase of growth and development in the region. The successful candidate will be entirely responsible for the development and performance of the company's brand and marketing efforts across APAC. This role will work closely with the Divisional leadership team and other key stakeholders to firmly embed and position the Belmond brand in the luxury travel market. They will be responsible for developing, executing and supporting the strategic plan for the APAC business as well as ensuring the successful regional roll out of global Brand & Marketing initiatives.
They will be a key contributor to the growth and success of all of the company's hotels and other related businesses, including Trains and Cruises, within the APAC Division. This role forms part of the APAC Leadership team and will be based in Singapore.
The Divisional Director of Brand & Marketing - Asia Pacific will be expected to lead their team and to deliver on the following priorities:
- Define clear and differentiated brand/consumer positioning.
- Develop a strong experience platform to support that distinct positioning including: Brand Language & Design and Branded Service Culture.
- Create effective tools to drive brand experience activation on property.
- Establish brand activation measurement metrics and track appropriately.
- Share best practice and drive focus/improvement across the portfolio.
- Drive brand visibility through the creation of effective communication campaigns.
- Balance marketing communication mix to drive efficiency
- Be a credible and effective spokesperson for the brand - a personal storyteller.
- Drive internal understanding of regional brand direction and performance.
- Develop and drive PR plans for the brand and Asia products and in support of special events in the region.
- Represent Belmond at key media and industry events in the region.
- Host media events and key press trips in the region in coordination with the Corporate PR Office and international media agencies.
- Maintain and develop contact and a good relationships with target written, online and broadcast media, as well as the blogging community internationally and in the region.
- Develop and execute strategies to ensure progression of Belmond's online presence and online experience.
- Ensure Belmond enjoys high visibility and profile across online platforms and media.
- Support and Drive strategies to produce profitable revenue from online sales.
- Support and lead Marketing strategy and initiatives to build awareness and drive revenue in key markets and segments.
People & Leadership
- Build an efficient and effective integrated Brand, PR & Marketing management team.
- Lead, direct and inspire the team in pursuit of clear and consistent goals.
- Develop the individuals within the team - invest time in their growth and let them lead their areas appropriately.
- Attract and develop talent for the future needs of the Company.
- Be a key member of the Asia Pacific Divisional Leadership Team - driving brand imperatives whilst understanding and balancing overall business needs/realities.
- Work closely with the commercial team in order to strengthen the overall position of the Belmond brand
- Reinforce the continuity and importance of Belmond's culture
Given the breadth of the role and its importance to the company's near-term plans and long-term success, the ideal candidate will bring the following background and experience:
- Experience in managing relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Luxury Brand positioning experience.
- Asia Pacific experience.
- Brand, Marketing and Communications Leadership. A proven track record of experience in leadership management positions.
- A proven track-record of communicating a vision that inspires and builds alignment.
- A history of successful management of brands - growth and enhancement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams across different locations.
- A passion for travel and experiencing a broad range of cultures.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Genuine, forthright and honest, with a managed ego.
- Able to inspire trust and confidence.
- Charismatic, people focused and with exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Preferably related Industry Experience. A well established and recognised executive with multi-site, divisional experience in the hospitality industry or alternatively experience within a luxury, experiential brand.
- Drive, ambition and passion.
- Native / Fluent English and Mandarin speaking
Education: Bachelor degree required. A postgraduate degree is desirable but not a pre-requisite
Languages: Fluent written, spoken and read English and Mandarin are required.
Belmond joined LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in April 2019, reinforcing our place among the international leaders in luxury. For over 40 years we have followed our pioneering spirit and passion for authenticity to create and uncover some of the world's greatest travel adventures. Today, our collection includes one-of-a-kind hotels, trains, river cruises and safari lodges in stunning destinations across the globe. Each has an incredible story to tell.