JOB TITLE: Temporary E-commerce Associate
LOCATION: Corporate Office - New York, NY
REPORTING: Director, E-commerce
MAIN JOB OBJECTIVE
The E-commerce Associate will support the FENDI Americas Digital business. The ideal candidate embraces a fast-paced environment and has exceptional communication skills along with digital savvy and an understanding of luxury codes.
- Regularly analyze sales, stock & conversion KPIs for FarFetch (US/Canada/Brazil), all wholesale and third-party websites. Reconcile orders between internal systems and third-party systems
- Analyze performance KPIs for Customer Care and FLI.
- Compile invoices
- Act as primary support for customer care enquiries: receive and route customer care issues and monitor queue for timely resolution
- Participate in monthly touch-base meetings with customer care; work together to reduce the length of time enquiries and cases are open, and streamline the process to resolve issues in fewer steps
- Escalate issues as necessary with FarFetch helpdesk and Fendi helpdesk
- Ensure third-party sites have correct SKUs exposed based on inventory availability and global strategy
- Work with digital communications on supporting third-party websites.
- Responsible for day-to-day site analysis, defining merchandising strategy, supporting in the resolution of all issues related to FarFetch operations.
- Fraud management support as needed
- Page management for all third-party websites
- Track performance issues regarding the warehouse; manage and track performance KPIs for warehouse and FarFetch
- Source and locate stock using Omnistock
- Work with zone merchandising and supply chain to manage pre-order fulfillment
- Partner with brick and mortar retail team to execute Buy Online Form Store, Pick Up In Store and all other omnichannel initiatives
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's degree required
- E-Commerce experience required
- Digital savvy & tech friendly: understanding of digital client experience and proficiency with online content management systems
- Sensibility for luxury products and fashion, understanding of "luxury codes"
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail with ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong analytical skills; experience with sales & digital performance metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in e-commerce, preferably in a luxury setting