Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler. A play on the words "can do", Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Kendo is owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world's largest luxury group. The Kendo house of brands presently includes: Marc Jacobs Beauty, KvD Vegan Beauty, Ole Henriksen, Bite Beauty and Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions, the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative.
The KENDO Education Specialist is a field-based role responsible for the execution of education programs that bring brand DNA, storytelling and product passion to life at store level. As an inspirational coach, the Education Specialist will be instrumental in delivering our brands unique point of difference by delivering product knowledge, techniques and customer service behaviors in store whilst also supporting events. An exciting multi-faceted role, as a brand and skincare expert they will be able to move seamlessly between inspiring and exciting retailer employed consultants and educating and empowering customers at point of sale. The goal is to enhance our customer experience through effective and interactive education moments with our retailer teams and to bring the unique DNA of KENDO Brands to life in our market.
Combining commerciality with creativity, they take responsibility for and pride in the success of their stores and the personal development of the retailer teams they work with. No two days are ever the same, and the role will require travel within the UK to spread your wisdom, enthusiasm and passion for your brand.
Product and Brand Expert
- Train/on-board retail teams on product knowledge, Brand DNA, functioning as a resource to provide support at store level and ensuring brand focuses are trained in line with the education calendar
- An exceptional communicator they will be responsible for delivering inspirational in store training sessions that motivate, inspire and enhance the retail teams skill base.
- Supporting growth in core brand franchises and new launches across all stores combining brand vision and delivering key product information.
- Leading by example to deliver best in class brand experience for customers through effective service, storytelling and selling techniques, you will ensure our retail teams are set up for success by creating a benchmark for excellence.
Store Selling Events
- Drive brand KPI's and support sales goal achievement for store events
- Supporting in store events programme to ensure brand standards and guidelines are consistently met.
- Working with the education team to conceptualise seasonal events and master-classes within each store.
- Taking part in regional events and marketing activity
- Work within Company travel and expense budgets, following established guidelines and procedures
- Additional duties may be required, depending on skill set, market trends, and business needs
- Ability to travel 60-70% of the time.
- Maintain excellent communication with field sales partners, store management and training department through regular updates on all training, event activity and development opportunities at store level
- Ensure visual merchandising is in line with brand guidelines
- Communicate Tester replenishment needs to in store management teams
- Reporting of VM maintenance request
- Experience in delivering 1-1 and larger team coaching sessions at counter level
- A confident and engaging communicator and presenter
- A high level of skincare and makeup knowledge and expertise
- Must have experience within the premium retail beauty sector
- Passionate and inspirational
- This role is a field based role and will require flexibility and the ability to travel with overnight stays
- High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks
- Basic computer skills— in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Entrepreneurial, "Can-Do!" spirit
- Must live within a commutable distance of London/South Midlands