Serve as the lead sales contact and business manager for the National Accounts' emerging channels business, defined as Amazon, Whole Foods, Wine.com. Gift Tree, Convenience Stores ( 7eleven). Emerging business models that focus on home delivery and e-commerce and are seen as representing opportunity to drive sales and value in accordance with Moet Hennessy brand and executive strategies. All traditional sales manager responsibilities apply to this role, including planning, forecasting, selling, reporting, distributor management, budget and fund management, e-commerce, in addition to having strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Because of the uniqueness of the emerging channel business within the Wine & Spirits retail space, a proven capacity to manage unknowns and uncertainty are critical, along with the ability to think "out of the box."
Account Business Planning:
> Manage the annual planning requirements for the assigned accounts, aligned with brand strategies, National Accounts' business building pillars, and customer specific requirements.
> Build annual plans that sustainably drive the sales potential of the company's brands.
> Ensure the annual plan is designed to deliver value both internally and externally.
> Ensure all programming remains aligned to company standards, quality, and compliance.
> Help develop and execute account programs that reflect national brand and National Accounts' objectives.
> Socialize all program requirements and KPI's to the distributor network and manage internal communication to all company sales regions.
> Present account plans to distributor network and conduct monthly performance and programming meetings.
> Conduct distributor "work sessions" and participate in merchandising store surveys/evaluations.
> Leverage MH Business Intelligence to help assess performance and drive execution.
> Proactively identify gaps and sales opportunities, including risk and mitigation plans and requirements.
> Identify primary business gatekeepers and develop effective relationships that foster growth, trust and respect
> Manage and allocate funding resources by program, account, and regions, as needed.
> Facilitate quarterly business reviews (internally and externally).
> Coordinate with Finance to ensure budgets are being tracked and controlled; work with appropriate personnel to gain incremental, opportunistic funds, if/when required to drive the business.
> Play active role with executive team visits to the market place.
> Determine and communicate POS business needs; manage distribution and execution of materials; run ROI's.
> Ensure inventories, product allocations, special vintages and packs are managed to support the business.
> Coordinate samples for events and staff trainings.
> Process invoices, reconcile expenses, as appropriate.
> Use business systems to assess performance; ensure strong user proficiency with all required reporting systems.
> Understand and leverage the dynamic digital marketing environment to maximize the business.
> Work with brand teams and etail partners to develop best practices to maximize ROI.
> Maintain online store conditions at e-tail customers, specifically MH brand assets, such as images and text.
> Collaborate with Digital Marketing Manager to develop relevant strategies and tactics for driving sales.
> Share best practice information with other sales managers and actively solicit input and ideas for growth.
> Drive communication details and requirements of all programming using the NAC tool internally and externally.
Qualification, Experience & Skills
Education: Undergraduate degree preferred
Professional Experience & Know How: 8+ years consumer packaged goods (CPG) sales experience, including 2 years of successful e-commerce business/sales development and execution.
- Experience working in the Wine and/or Spirits Industry is ideal, in addition to owning/managing a sales volume and profit budget. Experience working with luxury brands is a bonus.
- Proven track record of selling, managing to/exceeding sales budgets and targets a must; ability to use sales techniques, including negotiating and overcoming objections and barriers.
- Creative thinking, solution centric, and strong communication skills are all requirements of the role.
- Ability to manage complicated national retailers and situations strongly preferred.
- Experience having successful outcomes in problem identification and resolution.
- Experience having developed and managed multiple projects from idea generation to completion.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience working with brand and/or shopper marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective business presentations.
- Experience building solid relationships with key retailers and/or etailers
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically, as well as 1-2 trips internationally per year.
- Proficiency in ERP data warehouses, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Prior experience managing distributors or brokers is required.
- Experience managing direct to consumer and business to business is highly beneficial.
Technical & Management Skills: (E) = Experienced Level; (M) = Mastery Level; (D) = Developing Level
Entrepreneurial attitude (M), Business Acumen (M), Decision Quality (E), Dealing with Ambiguity (E), Innovation Management (E), Planning (E), Priority Setting (E), Strategic Agility (E), Functional skills: Sales (M), Digital Marketing (D/E), ecommerce (D/E).
Personal & Interpersonal Skills: (E) = Experienced Level; (M) = Mastery Level; (D) = Developing Level
Action oriented (M), Communication Skills (E), Presentation Skills (E), Customer Focus (M), Drive for Results (E), Integrity & Trust (M), Managerial Courage (D), Managing Vision & Purpose (E), Motivating Others (E), Peer Relationships (E).