The Facility Manager will be responsible for the overall care, maintenance and safety of the Distribution Center. This individual will have a relentless commitment to safety excellence, demonstrating behaviors that drive a Safety FIRST core value, and foster a culture where every team member is empowered & supported to achieve a work environment without exposures and incidents.
Tasks and responsibilities required of the Facility Manager are outlined below:
- Work with vendors to ensure overall cleanliness of the facility including interior and office spaces, grounds, roof, and pest management on both an ongoing and as-needed basis.
- Maintain facility operations under all conditions including snow, rain, ice power outages and weather advisories.
- Ability to quickly assess all situations and respond quickly to minimize losses. Facility Manager is on call at all times.
Safety and Security
- Responsible for the fire system, including yearly inspections and documentation of extinguishers, fire pumps, pump motors, flow testing, internal inspections, signage, cleanliness, and be prepared for emergency response on all fire system matters.
- Initiate, observe, record, and provide feedback for emergency response drills.
- Manage the site security. This includes the security service, the security plan and assessment, perform and track regular audits. Manages and installs camera systems as needed.
- Provide training for Management staff on emergency response, including individual roles and responsibilities.
- Schedule/facilitate training of maintenance associates / mechanics and contractors on all aspects of the facility requirements.
- Partner with vendors in the care and maintenance of all related DC equipment including WCS and conveyors, and all other assets.
- Management of the Powered Industrial Truck Fleet. This includes contractor management, developing procedures and training procedures to meet ANSI and OSHA requirements, auditing the processes to verify compliance, and reducing downtime. Assist with providing the best equipment for the need.
- Schedule and verify preventive maintenance projects are being completed and recorded, and that PMs are performed throughout the entire facility; Create/maintain logs for these tasks.
- Develop and maintain inventory of required regularly used parts.
- Partner with Purchasing department to acquire building materials, tools, fuel and other items as needed
- Maintain accurate and recoverable records for all the major assets within the facility including those made through safety testing, fire drills, insurance company inspections and fire code officer.
- Maintain, study and keep current all facility SOP's (standard operating procedures). Examples include Lock Out/Tag Out (LOTO), fire system inspection, spill response, and evacuation.
- Assist management team in transitioning DC to ISO 14001 Compliance
- Facility Manager drives all projects and initiatives toward reducing and controlling costs where possible.
- Schedule contractors and coordinate projects with the management team prioritized by need or requester. Budget accordingly, obtain and review contracts, inspect projects during and after completion, approve the invoices for contract accuracy.
- Ability to resolve projects with minimum direction.
- Participate in special projects as required to support DC
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 plus years experience in a related role - preferable in a Distribution Center with automation
- Strong knowledge of national standards that relate to facility management.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written required. Must be able to maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Work requires significant attention to detail in safety, recording, logging, and inspecting.
- Must have demonstrated ability to use a variety of computer software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, AutoCAD, email and internet.
- Must be experienced with electrical, plumbing, painting, carpentry, pneumatics and hydraulics, welding, forklifts or machine repairs