FENDI Japan is looking for a Business Planning & Control Manager.
This position's mission is to provide financial support to management in decision-making, ensuring adequate budgeting and expense controls, conducting financial analysis and preparing reports for the company and Headquarters (HQ).
Staff to Supervise
1 Financial Analyst
Internal Working Relationships
Fendi HQ Management control team/other functions
Finance and Internal Control teams of Fendi Japan
All functional Heads/teams of Fendi Japan
LVMH Japan and other brands Finance/other functions as deemed appropriate
External and internal auditors
External project consultants
Repot line: CFO
- Prepare and coordinate budget and forecasts in compliance with Headquarters' requirements.
- Provide insightful financial analysis and reporting, alerting key variances of financial results versus budget, forecasts and prior year to ensure control of gross margin and operating expenses in meeting profitability targets.
- Manage the daily, weekly, and monthly sales reporting process performed by financial analyst
- Prepare monthly closing analysis reporting to HQ
- Prepare monthly closing presentation to Fendi Japan CEO
- Prepare other insightful and actionable financial analysis/reports adapting to changing needs of HQ and local management
- Review, validate and complement financial statements provided by Finance and Accounting team.
- Check if financial statements are in line with actual business results
- Provide necessary business-related accrual/provisions
- Provide complementary additional analysis/reporting requested by HQ Management control or local management.
- Provide forecast and analysis to alert inventory levels (both overstock and missed sales opportunities) monitoring stock depreciation, OTB, and seasonal sell-through.
- Prepare investment plan, analysis, simulations to support new investment projects
- Manage contracts filing on company contract repository system especially store lease agreements.
- Co-manage internal and external audit with Finance and Accounting team.
- Provide support to CFO on ad-hoc analysis/reports and special projects.
- Being highly business oriented with focus on Stores, other functional departments, and President being the main clients
- International experience and open mindedness to work effectively with contacts from multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Technological skills oriented / strong commitment to invest in automation giving active support and value added.
- Excellent in cross-functional communication, liaise with Accounting and the Internal Control teams. Show leadership in the BPC team as well as in the whole Finance Team.
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English and preferably Japanese
- PC skills: Excellent skills in Mircrosoft Excel, High skills in Powerpoint, hands on SAP or other ERP experience, hands on experience in usage of Reporting and Data analysis tools (e.g. SAP analytics, Business Objects or similar tools), PowerBI skills a plus
- +8 years of experience in finance of which 3 years in global company and at least 3 years in a supervisory position