The Director, Global Reporting and FP&A is responsible for the global reporting requirements, the consolidation of actual results, budgets and forecasts and driving the analyses required to provide insights to all stakeholders. He/She will act under the direct supervision of the VP of Finance, and the indirect supervision of the Chief Financial Officer. He or she will work collaboratively with other members of the corporate management team and local controlling groups and will implement and enforce company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Direct the Accounting and Finance functions of all reporting entities to report on-time and accurate consolidated financial results, including but not limited to:
- Oversee the global consolidation process for Benefit Cosmetics for the monthly close for actual results and all planning activities:
- Detailed review of the consolidated result and all supporting documentation, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Oversee all reporting packages for all entities are completed and submitted timely including P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and CapEx reporting requirements
- Review and sign-off on all Syrus reporting to ensure that all reports are complete and there are no control blocks
- Oversee reconciliation of intercompany transaction with Benefit Cosmetics subsidiaries and LVMH entities
- Review and approve internal and external reports provided by the global FP&A team including: weekly gross sales, monthly flash and outlook reports, monthly Contributive Operating Profits commentary, treasury, boutique, capital expenditure and tax reporting.
- Oversee monthly management reporting for Executive Team
- Prepare variance analysis of monthly results to plan and prior year results with complete understanding of gross margin variances and movements in operational expenses
- Identify trends and high-level issues
- Prepare rolling forecast taking in consideration risks and opportunities identified by markets.
- Direct the FP&A department to improve processes and technology, including maintenance and enhancement of Anaplan consolidation and planning models
- Oversight of department responses to non-routine and ad-hoc requests for financial analyses.
- Conduct accounting technical research related to US and international operations to ensure financial statement accuracy according to IFRS and LVMH policies
- Mentor, develop and manage team in order to support company growth.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years experience in Financial Reporting and Accounting required
- Experience with consolidation process required
- Strong working knowledge of both IFRS and US GAAP (specifically IFRS 12, 1518, 38)
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience with Anaplan and Dynamics, SAP or a top level-ERP system.
- CPA preferred but not required
- Experience in a major Accounting Firm is a plus
- Personal Accountability
- Developing Direct Reports
- Customer Focus
- Results-Oriented & Priority Setting