Reporting into the FP&A Regional Director, the Finance Manager for markets is responsible for the financial soundness of all the activities carried out in Mexico and Canada as well as in charge to support the Regional FP&A Manager in the all the reporting and forecasting processes for the two markets. He is the pivotal figure in bridging between local back-offices, which he directly coordinates and supervises, and the regional Headquarter. He is also in charge of monitoring all payment processes as well as granting the sales reconciliation in the stores. He is working side by side with local management to ensure that any financial matter is properly addressed.
S/he will partner with Head of Departments and engage with senior member of the Company and their staffs to support the decision process locally, not only being active in educating them on finance and accounting procedures but also in walking them through how the finance function can support program operations.
S/he will have a critical role in the project aimed to implement the new Fendi global system platform which specific focus on the finance stream.
- Directly manage the banking relationships in the markets as well as act as administrator of the online banking platforms;
- Coordinate the payment processes by bringing between local account payable (third parties providers) Regional and local business departments and ensure proper approval / coding of the invoices is provided;
- Supervises and coordinate the daily sales reconciliation, ensuring prompt action in case of discrepancies;
- Preserve the consistency of all the reporting cycles by coordinating with the local accounting teams and the Regional FP&A Manager to ensure timely and accurate submission of the financial statements;
- Support the Regional FP&A Manager in the budgeting processes by producing estimates of both P&L and Balance Sheet items. The task require constant interaction with the local accounting team as well as business departments;
- Supervise the local activities related to Transfer Price Study as well as the preparation and the submission of the annual tax return;
- Guarantee the compliance to Group Policies and principles in regards to financial and legal matters in the markets;
- Support the local management in the opening of new point of sales and/or selling event with analysis as well as direct involvement finance related matters;
- Supervise the capital expenditure process by monitoring consistence of the actual spending to plan;
- Produce cash flow forecast by working in partnership with management in order to highlight funding requirements.
- Support the Regional FP&A Manager in preparing ad hoc presentations for senior management.
- Support the Regional FP&A Director in engaging the board's audit and finance committees around issues and trends in financial operating models and delivery;
- Provide hints to support the development of the IT application portfolio as far financial analysis are concerned. In specific regards to this item, the Finance Manager will take the lead in the local implementation of the new world wide system platform;
- Constantly partner with Heads of Departments in reading trends from the numbers and highlighting potential issues/opportunities supporting them in tracking the financial efficiency and effectiveness of the action taken.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Attributes:
- The position requires 5-7 years of experience, ideally spread over accounting, auditing and financial analysis; a solid accounting background is critical. Familiarity with tax and transfer pricing related matters is a plus.
- Direct Exposure to complex international environment is a must as well the capability of working under the constant pressure of strict deadlines.
- The capability of connecting, understanding and translating the business events which have a direct impact on the financial performance is a key factor of success in this position.
- Strong communication skills are crucial in dealing with a variety of internal and external counterparts.
- Familiarity with SAP is a must as well as past experience in preparing presentations for upper management.
Other qualifications include:
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to the company's strategy;
- Minimum of a BA; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of the retail industry enhance the capability of interacting with the rest of the organization
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels
- The position requires to travel across the Americas