To lead the financial reporting function of two legal entities (Moët Hennessy UK Limited and JAS. Hennessy & Co. Limited) ensuring timely, comprehensive and accurate delivery to Group and external parties in compliance with appropriate frameworks.
- Ensure the quality, integrity and timing of financial information and books through management of all processing functions
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting, credit control and internal control functions meeting best-practice internal and external requirements
- Manage accounting and credit management functions, teams and systems
- Accurate and timely financial reporting and control
- Carry out statutory and quarterly group consolidation reporting
- Prepare with the team statutory financial statements and reports to meet tax and other legal requirements
- Ensure efficient cash management and utilisation of funds within MH/LVMH guidelines
- Manage internal control and external and internal audit related matters
- Compliance Lead: Anti-Bribery Champion | GDPR Champion
- Identify and assess company specific accounting and auditing topics of the entities and propose suitable initiatives to improve financial performance
Financial Reporting and Tax
- Reporting of monthly, quarterly and annual actual results for profit and loss account; balance sheet and cashflow to local and group management
- Preparation of year end financial statements for two legal entities
- Maintenance and supervision of the General Ledger
- Corporation tax: preparation of the annual returns, liaising with HMRC on open items/issues
- Taxation compliance: including excise duties, VAT, PSA
- Liaising with auditors: internal and external
- Cash management: Group Treasury reporting of actuals and rolling forecast; Contributive cash flow actual
- Assistance in the annual budget, latest estimates and best estimate reporting process: notably cash and forecast of balance sheet (in collaboration with controlling team)
- Analytical appraisal of above with strong qualitative and quantitative commentary (in collaboration with controlling team)
- Participation and strong involvement in the internal control process in conjunction with the finance community as a whole
- Improving and streamlining of processes and procedures
- Challenging management to ensure the correct information is being requested and provided
- Develop and implement robust actual reporting tools to enable swift and accurate data extraction
- Achieving the Company DSO target
- Control the implementation of customer credit limits and risk assessment
- Achieve MH Group cash generation targets
- Management and delegation of appropriate work to the direct reports and team
- Coaching, training and mentoring of the team to achieve the company and personal objectives
Moët Hennessy is LVMH's wines and spirits arm. Its brand portfolio has a high and very high end focus. MH is global leader in the sector and owns 21 Maisons, of which some are several centuries old. Founded by visionary and dedicated entrepreneurs, they have been passed down from generation to generation. Their descendents developed them and continued to perpetuate the "family spirit" which is so important to our group. Their history has merged with that of their countries of origin and they have become part of their heritage.
At LVMH we share 3 main values:
Creativity and innovation
This combination of creativity and innovation is the foundation of our Houses and figures at the heart of the delicate balance required to continually renew our offer while resolutely looking to the future, always respecting our unique heritage.
At LVMH, we never compromise on quality. Because we embody the world of craftsmanship in its most noble and accomplished form, we pay meticulous attention to detail and to perfection.
Cultivate and Entrepreneurial Spirit
Our entrepreneurial spirit encourages both risk-taking and perseverance. It requires pragmatic thinking and an ability to motivate teams, leading them to achieve ambitious objectives.
- All MHUK departments
- MH SNC
- All Maisons (Finance departments)
- Other MH Global companies
- LVMH / MH Auditors
- External Auditors
- Pension Advisors
- Tax Advisors
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A graduate and qualified (5 years+ PQE) accountant from a recognised professional body (ACA/ACCA preferred)
Professional experience & know how
- Track record in a role which has given exposure to all aspects of the finance function
- Ideally experience gained in the FMCG, food/drinks, consumer goods sectors or audit firms.
- Experience of working within a medium enterprise
Technical & management skills
- Highly IT literate (SAP preferred highly desirable: MS office suite)
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Achieves a strong understanding of customer needs and is able to meet them with some supervision.
- Ability to understand the global picture
- Strategic thinker
- Self- motivated
- Confidence to suggest new ideas, listen to customers needs. Ability to act autonomously with a high level of integrity
- Takes ownership and is able to generate options and recommendations for possible solution.
- Makes clear, speedy decisions through good preparation and levels of planning and communicates relevant information to others ensuring effective implementation.
- Prepared to put own views forward and challenge others where appropriate, defending viewpoint where appropriate -> Influencing and Challenging
- Has the capability to ensure that all information written or otherwise is correct first time and communicated as such
- Has clear understanding of what has to be achieved and devotes balanced time and effort to planning and action commercially
- Can effectively cope with change; embraces and drives change