Finance Planning & Analysis - Business Analyst Intern
LVMH - US Holdings
The "US Holdings" Business Unit consists of 25 legal entities: holdings, real estate & investment companies. The holding entity LVMH Inc. also hosts the representation of the LVMH Group for North America. It employs circa 65 professionals who provide corporate services to the Group companies and the Brands operating in the US and in Canada, such as various HR services, governmental affairs, commercial real estate coordination, financing, risk management & insurance, comprehensive Tax services, legal services, sourcing, media purchasing & analytics, digital media coordination and IT infrastructure management.
The company is located in New York City, 19 East 57th Street.
The main responsibilities of the FP&A analyst are as follows:
1: Produce monthly reports analyzing Group commercial activity in North America (USA and Canada), for top management of the Group, and for the heads of the Maisons or subsidiaries in the region:
- Extract sales data from various Group reporting databases, check consistency of data, organize the data and produce the reports. Although the formats already exist, it is expected that they are regularly improved and made more relevant
- Analyze sales data by city, region, channel, etc.... and analyze variances versus prior periods. Liaise with the Maisons to gather information about key drivers of sales performance
- Contribute to the enhancement of the Group Sales report, such as: information on competition, department stores performance, analysis of wholesale sale sell-out, impact of tourism, of exchange rates, etc....
- Perform ad-hoc research and analysis as requested by Management
2: Support the VP, Accounting & Controlling and Accounting Manager & Assistant Controller:
- Perform monthly analysis of operating expenses of LVMH Inc. (if required, on other Holding companies), and of variances versus budget and prior year
- Participate to the production of Budgets and Revised Budgets: preparation of the files, analysis of the operating expenses by account and cost center, participation to some meetings with Head of Departments
- Prepare ad-hoc presentation decks for business reviews, budget meetings, etc....
3: Assist the VP, Accounting & Controlling, in the roll-out at LVMH Inc. of any Accounting / Finance Group - software development
- Participate to the gap analysis Group HQ processes versus LVMH Inc.
- Assist in organizing and validating tests
- Participate to the training of the users
The candidate must:
- Be graduated from a business school and/or hold a Master degree in management with a major in finance & accounting
- Have acquired a first experience - in Planning & Analysis and be accounting savvy.
- Have great analytical skills
- Have very good command of Excel and PowerPoint and knowledge of Power BI
- Be rigorous
- Be pro-active
- Be at ease in a fast pace and demanding environment, manage priorities and meet deadlines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills; be capable of drafting reports, build presentation decks, develop analysis and prepare notes for top management
Team work is crucial to be successful in this position
This position will report directly to the VP, Accounting & Controlling and will work closely with the CFO, North America, as well as a tightly-knit team of Finance professionals.
This is a paid, long-term internship opportunity, ideally through the remainder of the year.