Being PINK Finance
We are one PINK Finance team, a collaboration of talented individuals who embody the values of Creativity and Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Excellence in everything that we do. We achieve and maintain an exceptional, efficient and collaborative service to the business - our customers. We are true business partners providing strong financial leadership across all touchpoints in pursuit of the Brand's objectives and robust professional advice whilst remaining commercial and pragmatic. We are responsible for delivering business solutions that are measured by business value, recognisable benefit and customer satisfaction.
The Financial Accountant is a pivotal member of the finance team and provides strong support to the Global Head of Accounting, Tax and Compliance.
- To deliver on time in full, accurate financial reporting and reconciliations;
- To achieve in full all LVMH Group and external reporting deadlines;
- To lead a small dedicated team of finance professionals, ensuring their objectives (both business and personal) are achieved; to mentor, coach and develop their skill set;
- To manage, with the Head of Accounting, the internal and external audits
- To develop and grow the two accounting assistants to achieve success in their own and wider finance team objectives, with the emphasis on delivering the highest possible standards of financial control.
Key elements of the role:
- Prepare the annual statutory financial statements of the Companies: Thomas Pink Limited and Thomas Pink France SAS and any additional Companies that form as the business grows.
- To support the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team through the delivery of strong, robust and accurate financial information
- Full responsibility for the Balance Sheet; ensuring accurate and timely delivery
- Report the monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement in the Group Tools
- To accurately calculate, invoice and reconcile all intercompany balances with Global Thomas Pink entities;
- In collaboration with the FP&A team, to review all overhead costs monthly and process appropriate prepayments and releases in the financial records;
- To manage the fixed asset register: record all fixed assets within the Real Asset Management (RAM) database; including the calculation and posting of the appropriate depreciation journals.
- To post all payroll related journals and reconcile PAYE, Pension and Salaries control accounts to TB
- To prepare and manage the quarterly VAT returns process; manage the duty deferment account; reporting of EC sales; Intrastat declarations; Belgium VAT
- To report to LVMH treasury actual and forecast cashflows for currency balances
- To be responsible for the Thomas Pink entities VAT return processing, reconciliation & online submission /payment to HMRC
- To complete and submit Office for National Statistics questionnaires and maintain backup files to support the reported data
- To support the Head of Accounting and Tax with the annual submission and declaration to LVMH Group declaration ERICA internal control requirements.
- To lead the development, visibility and drive internal control awareness in the business; document, test and challenge the appropriateness of controls and procedures
Work experience and technical skills
- Functional and strong technical accounting skills: ACCA or ACA with minimum of 3 to 5 years post qualified experience.
- Evidence of ownership and responsibility of the full month end processes and core reporting
- Strong financial skills: ability to link financial results to operational performance drivers
- Strong communication skills: ability to build relationships with different departments
- Proficient at learning new databases/systems
- Evidence of strong Microsoft Excel skills
Competencies and skills
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Methodical approach to tasks with attention to detail
- Evidence of strong financial skills
- Challenge with a leader's mindset
- An excellent communicator with belief
- Problem solver with client centric mindset
- Commercially minded, Global mindset/experience
- Deliver transactional and operational efficiencies
A Fresh Chapter - Pink Shirtmaker.
From the beginning, Pink has taken pride in the way we wear shirts.
Today, the new Pink is once again proud of its shirts in whole new ways, drawing inspiration from the spirit of our founding principles. The new Pink champions the traditions of English shirtmaking in the 21st century. We believe in taking the extra effort to create shirts that are built to last.
We are taking a clean-slate approach to rebuilding our brand, reaffirming our identity while remaining faithful to its founding spirit. Guided by CEO Christopher Zanardi-Landi — the driving force behind the renaissance of the brand — alongside the new creative director John Ray, we are assembling the design studio from scratch, paring the company back to its founding principles so we can focus on doing what we do best: creating shirts that are built to the best and most enduring standards, harnessing the excellence, commitment and talent of our dedicated team. Pink Shirtmaker is an LVMH Maison.